Sign in to follow this  
ssupercoup93

A couple of bugs " I think" I need some help with

Hi:

Let me start by saying I am very impressed with FS2Crew. im using the default 737 voice program. I have it installed in my flight simulator and also on another computer that I use to check out programs before I enter them into the simulator. I run windows 7-64 and FSX along with a few other programs that enhance FSX. One of them is Enviro. I have added chatter files and a couple of flight attendant announcements. I noticed that when the FS2Crew flight attendant would do her safety speech just before taxi, another FA voice would start speaking simultaneously. Somehow, FS2Crew either triggered that other voice or picked it up and played it at the same time so both FA's were speaking. very strange. I uninstalled FS2Crew, ran the fix located on the website and reinstalled FS2Crew. Problem solved. But here's another. On the computer that I use to check out programs , that not being the FS computer, when I run FSX and FS2crew, I hear some things that I don't hear when In the simulator, like when I am asked, "is the fuel ok"? and I answer "yes it is". I don't hear that when in the simulator I only hear it on the other computer and although I have searched, I have no idea why. all the FS2Crew settings are the same on both computers. Another thing, on pushback. Is there supposed to be a pushback vehicle like shown in the video? I don't see one. Another, most of the modes change as supposed to until I get to like roll out, clean up etc, there's no change of mode. Am I doing something wrong? At 10,000 feet if I ask the flight attendant to turn off the seat belt light, will they do it? the program is great but I must be missing a lot of stuff here that would make it even greater. Please Help. 

Thank you

Joe Butera

supercoup93@yahoo.com

Hi Joe,

Ensure your speaker settings (Windows Control panel - Speakers) on the Simulator computer are set to "Stereo", not Dolby 7.1  That might explain why you hear some things on one computer but not the other.

The pushback tug you may have seen in videos is probably the default FSX pushback tug.

If modes are not automatically changing, double check the manual.  Make sure you're not skipping or missing anything.

Mode changes should be automatic.

Cheers,

Hi Byork

Thanks for your speedy reply. I think your right on the money about the sound card settings. I,m running shakers in the simulator off one audio output and speakers off another and a base box off another. I do hear the voice very faintly asking, I think, about the fuel, but it sounds so mumbled it is not understandable and it sounds like it might be coming out of the base box. I'm going to have to play around with the hookups and settings on the card for a while. As far as the mode changes, the more I work the program the more it works better, so it must be me. There's a lot to learn. I was using Game commander and flight deck companion for many years and I communicated with FDC through Game Commander. It was an old DOS based program and played havoc with the operating system and crashed FSX often and didn't like to get along with VOXATC either. I'm glad it's gone. FS2Crew made me change my whole simulator setup. It is a remarkable and realistic program. One more question. Are the newer FS2Crew programs like for PMDG or a320 or other aircraft any different in content? Are there any added features? Should I change from the Default 737? It might just be high time I did.

Thanks

The Default 737 program you're using is quite old now.... Maybe 5 years.

The newer ones (NGX Reboot, Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 777) are the same general concept but are generally better all round, especially NGX Reboot.

But since you're using a home cockpit, you'll need to stick with the Default 737 since NGX Reboot is customised for the PMDG 737 NGX.

Hi Byork:

Funny thing. I purchased the PMDG 737 800-900 a while ago and it being a very involved aircraft, I have been putting off getting into it. Since I've changed just about every other program running in the simulator, I think it might be time to upgrade to the next level of intensity. It's going to take some time but that's about the only thing we have left that's free. LOL  Thank you soo much for your input and I will keep in touch. Keep up the good work. You are a great asset to the Flight Simulation Family.

All the Best for the New Year

Joe Butera

supercoup93@yahoo.com