Hey guys as the topic title suggests I am getting quite frustrated with what recently just started happening. I use FSX and P3D Win 10 64, and have 2 Saitek throttles routes through a powered USB hub to the PC. Without fail now each time I start FSX or P3D the axis assignments always get crossed up. My left throttle unit did Spoilers, Thrtl 1, Thrtl 2, and right unit did 3, 4, and Flaps. Without skipping a beat each time I fire up the sim they switch, spoilers is now on the right unit and reversed and it all goes to hell. 

One shows up as HID in device manager, and the other shows up as USB. I really don't know how to troubleshoot this because nothing in my setup has changed. This used to happen like once every 5 starts, no it happens each time without fail, period. 

Angelo:

I use the Saitek yoke with the throttle which came with it, plus a second Saitek throttle which plugs into a USB port.  The yoke can be powered with an A/C adapter and act as a USB hub.  I also run a second powered USB hub for three Saitek panels.  They all work fine in FSX DVD and Steam editions.  Maybe running two Saitek USB throttles confuses your system.

Best of luck:

Jim Elder

I don't use a saitek yoke at all, I have a PFC Jetliner Column yoke. Both saiteks run through the usb hub I bought from frys.

This never happened pre windows 10, it only happened rarely with 10, and now it happens on every single start.

Are you using the paid version of FSUIPC? That may help.

The reason I say that is that I have a Saitek Cessna yoke with two Saitek throttes. One of the throttles came with the yoke and plugs directly into it via its own connector. The other I bought separately and plugs into the yoke via a USB connector. I assign all axes through the paid version of FSUIPC, and I've never had the issue you describe.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I have a paid version of fsuipc. The problem is that both sims and appearently fsuipc cross the devices.

For example a particular assignment only assigned to the right throttle now be on the left throttle on the next boot. It seems like p3d or the pc reasses what is plugged in when starting either sim and my guess is something gets lost i translation?

Point being, even fsuipc assignments get crossed.

Without fail now each time I start FSX or P3D the axis assignments always get crossed up. My left throttle unit did Spoilers, Thrtl 1, Thrtl 2, and right unit did 3, 4, and Flaps. Without skipping a beat each time I fire up the sim they switch, spoilers is now on the right unit and reversed and it all goes to hell. 

Unfortunately it appears to be a Win10 problem ... I have exactly the same issue ... it's a 50/50 on how they'll come up in Win10.  Couple of things I can recommend:

1.  Contact Saitek and get case/support open, they will have more clout when it comes to dealing with Microsoft Win10 

2.  As a work around, in P3D Export the controller settings for each situation (normal and reversed) ... so you'll have a:

SaitekControlSetNormal.xml 

SaitekControlSetReversed.xml

So whatever Win10 decides on assignment of the two Saitek Throttle quadrants, you'll be able to Import the appropriate controlset.xml.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: FSUIPC will not be able to address this issue, only Microsoft can (hopefully working with Saitek).  You can submit a support ticket with Saitek here: http://madcatz.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Rob what a great idea! I was 50% there on your thought, I did save an export but only for normal controls, I will save the reverse. Man so many little nuances we have to go through for this hobby. 

Thank you sir!

Interesting. I have Windows 10, too, but as I said before, I haven't run into this issue.

Good luck. Wish I knew what the difference was between your system and mine ...

Interesting. I have Windows 10, too, but as I said before, I haven't run into this issue.

Interesting, you have TWO Saitek "USB" throttle quadrants (not the one that comes with the Yoke Pro) and fresh install of Win10 (not an upgrade)?

Cheers, Rob.

DirectInput (from DX11) so JoyID will not work.  Microsoft need to address the problem and/or Saitek need to get Microsoft to address the problem ... it works in Win7 but doesn't work in Win10.

I'm sure Microsoft will eventually get around to fixing it ... but the more support tickets opened with Saitek the more likely a fix will come sooner rather than later.  Fortunately it's the only significant issue I've had with Win10 1151 build ... there were permissions issues I had to sort out but those were minor.

Cheers, Rob.

Interesting, you have TWO Saitek "USB" throttle quadrants (not the one that comes with the Yoke Pro) and fresh install of Win10 (not an upgrade)?

Cheers, Rob.

I have one USB throttle quadrant and one that plugs into the Cessna yoke as I mentioned earlier. I thought that that was the same set-up as the original poster's, but after re-reading his post, I see that he, like you, has two USB throttles. So there is a difference after all.

This is actually good for me to know now, as I'm just about to replace my Saitek Cessna yoke with a PFC Cirrus Saab yoke and will probably run into the same problem if I get another USB throttle to complement the one I already have.

By the way, although the original poster didn't mention whether he had a fresh install or not, my own install of Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7.

Cheers!

Joel