Sign in to follow this  
okheater

Does not recognize FSX

I just purchased the 737 Immersion package for my Steam FSX application and the VFXCentral install does not work. When I start the VFXCentral app I get the product/download screen where I can select the 737 Immersion "Direct Install" button, but when I click on the button I get the following error "You need to have at least one compatible simulator installed to use this product. Please refer to you product's manual."

I have installed the Steam FSX app and It is installed on a 500gb SSD listed as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX".

I have checked the registry and "Steam" is listed under "C:" drive in the Hotkeys section.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

If so I would really appreciate it, I think this is a fantastic add-on.

Thank You for Your Time.

George "okheater"

PS. Do I need to reinstall my FSX Gold package and transfer the files to Steam???

I found out why the 737 Immersion package would not install and have fixed it. The problem was not with your package but the fact that I had another empty Steam FSX folder on another drive with scenery and textures loaded in it (back-up's). 

Some how it was pointing to this empty folder and was not finding the FSX.exe program. I deleted it and the installation went without a hitch. Your product is great!!!!!

That You,
George Alaniz

OKHeater