Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

V3 lighting at night

Hi chaps,

I'm liking V3 but am finding flying at night with CAVOK a bit disappointing. I have Orbx global/vector/europe lc & england, so it might be an orbx problem but i don't get it in FSX, so i'm thinking it isn't. I do get the lovely orbx night lights, but only within a very small radius, after which they cut off into darkness. In V2 and FSX, when I flew over cities at high level at night, they had that ethereal amber glow of lighting as you'd expect, but in P3D V3 when I fly over cities at high level at night, everything is in complete darkness. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried HDR off and on and this doesn't fix the issue. It just feels so unrealisitic to fly over, say, Paris, London or Frankfurt at night and see no light at all from the ground. Is there something I can tweak or is there a bug fo some kind?

Matt Davies the Youtube flight simmer appears to have the same issue:

Sorry - I don't know of any fix for it, but it's starting to look like a bug of some description. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Hello there,

I think the problem is in P3D3.1.

The sight of the autogen trees has become extremely varied.

It looks as though LM reduces Entfenung of viewable items.

The Straßenbeläuchtung works like Autogen trees, hence their visibility is limited.

I think there must LM rework!

(Sorry, bad English, translated with Google)

I have always noticed this when I was using FTX Global in both FSX and P3D.  The night textures are just not bright enough by a long shot.  The 3D lights are nice but you miss out on a lot of the realism at night without brighter tile textures. I have since switched to GEP3D with UTX and I have stunning nights.  That being said, I also use Reshade and have a night setting that makes the nights dark but the lighting is nice and bright.  It's not a P3D issue because the default night textures looked very nice to me having that realistic orange glow to it.  The issue is with FTX Global....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11