Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv3.1 and TrackIR ?

Hi Folks,

Did anyone else lose TrackIR when upgrading to 3.1 ? It worked fine in 3.0 but I can't get it to work in 3.1... The little blue light on the camera never comes on and P3D doesn't recognize any head movement... I completely removed and reinstalled theTrackIR software - no joy. I have FSX loaded and it works fine in FSX...

Anyone ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

just tried it and it works for me. But I have no blue light on my TrackIr. It changes from red to green as it has been before. One light on the left that Comes on when TrackIr finds the reflectors on the Clip and one at the right when the application is started.

Regards

Helmut

Hi Helmut,

Thanks so much for looking - just to confirm - you have full TrackIR head movement inside P3Dv3.1 - but no blue light ??? Strange - P3D should be giving a blue light - it did for me on P3Dv3.0... I've been messing with it for hours and I still can't get it to work...

Again - much appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Track Ir works fine for me with 3.1 however I have stayed away from the latest versions of the track Ir software for a while now. I recall having issues like as you mention when updated to the latest trackir versions. Something did not agree with setup.

Check windows device manager and make sure the track Ir driver is loaded and active... Or check to see if it works with other games if you have...

Hi...

Thanks ffor then response...

Ugh - so frustrating - yep works fine with FSX - blue light and all...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

do you have simconnect installed? Track IR won't work without, and it's not installed by default anymore during P3D setup.

You'll find it in 'redist' in the P3D main folder.

Cheers,

Joerg

P.S: blue lights? my lights are green as well

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Hi...

Thanks ffor then response...

Ugh - so frustrating - yep works fine with FSX - blue light and all...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, my answer is the same as Helmut, (that's  TrackIR 5) , if you are using it with EZdok make sure its switched on on in the config tool.

bob

Hi Folks,

I've seen simconnect mentioned - recently moved from FS9 so probably not as familiar as I should be - I'll take a look...

Yeah - I've got the older TrackIR 4 unit - green light indicates good reflection off head gear - blue light indicated TrackIR enabled game launched - might be different in newer unit...

No EZDok as I haven't purchased it yet...

Thanks everyone...

Checking simconnect now...

Regards,

Scott

###################################################################

Hi Folks,

Ran the simconnect (redist) - other than a very brief "extraction" dialog - no further options, status, or completion messages... No joy - still dead in the water...

:sad:

Regards,

Scott

Ran the simconnect (redist) - other than a very brief "extraction" dialog - no further options, status, or completion messages

that's ok..

just noticed it's working in FSX you say?  Assuming it's running on the same OS installation, simconnect configuration for P3D might not be complete

could you check if you got a file 'SimConnect.xml' in  %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ ?

if it's not there, copy the 'SimConnect.xml' from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\  to  %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

and then report back..

Joerg Alvermann

Hi Joerg,

I checked C:\Users\[my user id]\AppData - - - 'SimConnect.xml' does not appear in any subdirectory of AppData... I double checked FSX - still works fine - P3D still broken...

Regards,
​Scott 

Hi Scott,

strange. Might be that the SimConnect.xml is only required to handle connections from a remote machine in a networked environment.

My last bet (and since you have it working in FSX): Simconnect comes in four different versions. It doesn't harm to have all four versions installed in parallel. In fact it's recommended by PMDG to avoid issues. So i would propose to install all 'simconnect.msi' from redist dir, i.e. ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1, FSX-SP2-XPACK  (subdir retail\lib)

I just reinstalled my P3D machine from scratch including all SimConnect versions. TrackIR worked out of the box without any issue (i have no FSX installed this time though, but that shouldn't impact)

Regards,

Joerg

Joerg Alvermann

Make sure you have changed the Manifest files to   .bak  found in the naturalpoint  folder. 

i had a track ir 4  and needed to use the newer program for the TR 5 to get it to work.  There

is a new Version out now 5.33  might be worth a try to install it so that it re-installs the drivers. 

I use OPUS and have never had a problem with my T IR  moving from one version of the sim 

to the newest. 

if you don't get it figured out  send me a PM and we can set up a time tomorrow to connect to Skype and 

I will try to help you, it's a lot easier to see what's going on, if you would like.

mb

Hi Folks,

I truly appreciate everyone's efforts on this...

I found this on the TrackIR forum - a recent post a few days ago... Could it be related ??? Granted - doesn't explain why everyone's not having an issue...

I've found the issue and I've found a fix, and its INCREDIBLY simple, rename prepar3d.exe to p3d.exe, do that and it'll work fine

Explanation:

Prepar3d uses the SimCOnnect API instead of TrackIR's API, becuase of this, TrackIR has to have a custom implimentation of it where when it detects the exe running, it starts sending signals to SimConnect. Prepar3d V3 changes the .exe's name to prepar3d from p3d.exe, while TrackIR 5 still expects to see p3d.exe.

You can also have it be detected as FSX by changing the .exe name to fsx.exe.

EDIT:

A minor issue that was mentioned on the prepar3d forums about this fix is that this will cause P3D to generate a new config file that matches the name of the .exe

Also...

I "uninstalled" all (4) simconnect programs listed as installed - then installed them again via the P3Dv3.1  redistribution folder...

I also "uninstalled" the TrackIR software and the associated driver - - - then installed same via a fresh 5.3 download from the manufacturer's site...

I even "uninstalled" the P3D Client and installed it again... 

Same deal - FSX works - P3D doe not...

Regards,

Scott