Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv3.1 and TrackIR ?

Hi Scott,

just tried it and it works for me. But I have no blue light on my TrackIr. It changes from red to green as it has been before. One light on the left that Comes on when TrackIr finds the reflectors on the Clip and one at the right when the application is started.

Regards

Helmut

Same with me....just for grins, have you tried the new 5.3 I believe TrackIR5?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Are you using ezdock as well?  If so get the latest version....1.18....install the simconnect that comes with it and run the config program...

Hi Scott, I don't have TrackIR, but I do have a similar situation related to SimConnect. I have a new system, FSX and p3d 3.1 installed in two separate drives, no problems whatsoever with fsx, but not able to have functioning fsdt addons for p3d still due to a SimConnect issue, p3d crashes when loading. Never had that problem with p3d 2.4.

I bring this up because maybe, just maybe there is a common solution??

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Hi Folks,

I don't have EZdok yet although I plan on getting it when I get this all sorted out...

Hmm - good thought Annber - I did install FSX after I had P3D installed - could FSX do something to interfere with simconnect in P3D ???

I haven't had a chance to mess with this again today - but - I'm still broken... I'll reach out to TrackIR and see if the can help - they should know what their program needs to work with a game...

Maybe I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I just had windows 10 do an update and lost Track IR with my P3D v3.3. It worked for me on this operating system before, but suddenly not anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled the older software, and then repeated with the most recent Track IR program without joy.

Can't find where it has been reliably solved on either the P3D or Track IR forum.

Any suggestions?

Same update here , mine checks out fine using OPUS . can't Think what would mess that up from a OS update, I havn't updated to the newest TIR program so I would

try the older on that worked and make sure the Manifest files have  .bak added . other than a simconnect issue  i have no clue.    Opus uses there own .PDK  so I have

never had a problem using any version OS or Opus. 

To get my TrackIR 5 working in P3Dv3.2, I have to start it by running as ''Administrator'' before launching P3D. If I don't run as admin, it does not work. Same if I try to run it after starting P3D.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I just had windows 10 do an update and lost Track IR with my P3D v3.3.

One more reason to stay with Win8.x. You never now what the Win10 update will break (unless you deactivate it or reverse it).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

It's working again...

Look, I have been around here in these sims a long, long time and am still baffled as to the unpredictability of it all.

I fooled around with various Opus, P3D and FSX sim-connects variations, downloaded and installed, and uninstalled, and re-downloaded and reinstalled, and swapped and repaired various Track IR versions, cleared my registry now and again, changed administrative settings over and over, pulled the hardware plug and reinserted a few times, started P3D v3.3 time and time again to test, starting and restarting the computer, cast hexes and said prayers, and :

DUH DUDDA DUHHHHHH! (Loud Trumpet Sounds)

Track IR works perfectly once again in Windows 10 and P3D v3.3!

Praise Be!

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: What I think made the difference was clean installing the latest Track IR 5.4.2 software, selecting the fs2002 option, after running all the P3D and Opus sim-connects. However, I am not sure...

Don't try this at home!

Even kinder regards,

I have just uninstalled my TrackIR v5 with total cleanup with IOBit Uninstaller 6, then reinstalled Track IR 5.4.2 and it worked just fine. I have Win10x64.

Hope it would help.