Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Moving to P3d V3 Advoce Sought

Folks,

Just did a fresh install of Windows 7, fully patched and now ready to make the jump to P3d V3.1. In the past, I had tweaked my OS per an excellent guide I had found elsewhere, but curious if I need to do the same for P3d? If so, anything unique to running the sim on Windows 7?

My hardware:

Intel 4790K running at 4.6ghz

GTX 780

8GB Ram

SSD for the OS and dedicated SSD for the sim

Any advice, guidance, etc, is greatly appreciated

-B

Busdriver

KPHL

With nowadays hardware (and yours is nowadays enough!) you don't need to tweak the OS imho. I don't, anyway. And you certainly don't need those over the top Nick-like Bible guides (if you know what I mean). Totally useless. Current hardware is fast enough and OS's work well enough. I use Windows 10 and reinstall it a few times a year but I only do some cosmetic changes and that's it. Most is default. The only hing I do is remove bloat ware I don't need but I don't do that for performance reasons but because I like my system clean. And I do prevent a few programs from starting up with Windows (simply using the Windows options to stop them, no hacking needed). But that is also mainly because I like a clean system: Prepar3D wouldn't notice the difference. That's it. So install the OS, install P3D and have fun.

With nowadays hardware (and yours is nowadays enough!) you don't need to tweak the OS imho. I don't, anyway. And you certainly don't need those over the top Nick-like Bible guides (if you know what I mean). Totally useless. Current hardware is fast enough and OS's work well enough. I use Windows 10 and reinstall it a few times a year but I only do some cosmetic changes and that's it. Most is default. The only hing I do is remove bloat ware I don't need but I don't do that for performance reasons but because I like my system clean. And I do prevent a few programs from starting up with Windows (simply using the Windows options to stop them, no hacking needed). But that is also mainly because I like a clean system: Prepar3D wouldn't notice the difference. That's it. So install the OS, install P3D and have fun.

+ 1

Regards

Lamar Wright