Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser84

Flysimware GNS 530 map and P3D V3

Hi all

I'm a happy owner of the Flysimware's MU-2. I really enjoyed it in FSX, but now I've brought it in P3D v3 and I have some issues with the GPS unit. The first one is nothing major, a texture blink in the panel above the 530, the button under "MKR/MUTE" has a graphic artifact which make it "blink", but not like a light, it's really a damaged texture. However my main problem is the GNS 530 itself, all its functions are operative, but the navigation map stutters very badly, it updates itself like once every 30 seconds, both in VC and in 2D interface, and sometimes it's stuck completely unless I change page and go back to NAV, then it updates once and stops there. The bearing arc and all other indicators (GS, range, ETE) work flawlessly. All buttons and knobs work perfectly. I tried it even with clean install, however now I have FTX Global, Vector, Open LC, FSUIPC, REX 4 and ASN (no weather radar still). 

I'm sorry if it was addressed earlier, but I looked in other topics first and sadly the search options does not accept GNS and 530 because of the 4 characters limit

Thank you for the support

Davide Giaretta

David,

Now that I have updated to P3D v3.1, I will investigate the issues you are having. Personally I have never actually used the 530 as I have always had the 750 installed. This may be another teething issue with v3.1. We are getting reports of a few others here and there.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Thank you very much. I tried some other settings and things seems a bit better, probably it's just a heavy load problem, cause I OC my CPU by another 500MHz, however P3D run much better on my actual rig than FSX on the earlier and I had no problem with the GNS then. In the meantime I added the CS weather radar, and it works pretty well.