Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

MD 11 not available?

Greetings!

I'm interested in the MD 11. However when I go to the PMDG website, it is no longer in the store. How would one acquire this product for FSX-SE?

Thanks,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

How would one acquire this product for FSX-SE?

It's no longer for sale, and it wasn't built with FSX:SE in mind anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, thanks.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Scott

If you look in the Bargain Hunter's section, Aerosoft have it for sale, but as Kyle stated, not specifically for FSX-SE.

Thanks - I will have a look over there. I've seen mention in various some places that people have it working with SE. If it's enough of a bargain, I might have a go at it ;-)

Scott

Scott Cebula

Indeed, I have it currently working in FSX-SE which I abandoned last 12 months but returned to it just to spend some time with the MD-11

Hi Rick,

Thanks - good to know.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

The weird part is that md11 sales are picking up after it was officially abandoned.

You'll love the aircraft Scott and there's always going to be help on the forum.

Enjoy,

H.M

• Upvote 1

Hi H.M.,

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Cebula

They plucked it from the store? Awww, that really sucks.

The MD-11 is probably the best aircraft to fly so far out of all the ones I have tried, I always keep coming back and it feels like home.

• Upvote 2

Hi Loren,

To be honest, I was surprised and disappointed to discover it was no longer available from the store. I had read nothing except glowing reviews/praise for it. I've always been a fan of the "3-holer" type airliner ;-)

However, if the developer feels that their MD-11 had reached the end of the line as far as they are concerned, I totally respect that.

I haven't been able to find a downloadable version for sale (and in all likelihood, there probably isn't one), only some boxed sets on Amazon and Aerosoft. Haven't decided yet whether to take the plunge or not.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Hi,

Thank you for the link!

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Get it while you can guys.. The lady won't be there on the shelves forever.

It is sad that there aren't too many people who like this airplane.

It is an absolute masterpiece and for me an aircraft that resembles beauty.

If anyone viewing this post is even slightly interested in this aircraft, please do yourself a favor and buy it. It's absolutely marvellous

Regards,

H.M

• Upvote 3

Get it while you can guys.. The lady won't be there on the shelves forever.

It is sad that there aren't too many people who like this airplane.

It is an absolute masterpiece and for me an aircraft that resembles beauty.

If anyone viewing this post is even slightly interested in this aircraft, please do yourself a favor and buy it. It's absolutely marvellous

Regards,

H.M

++++1. I still swoon when I see the Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F landing at EGCC in bright sunlight as graceful as a swan amidst the smaller 737s, Embraers, et al.

• Upvote 1