Sign in to follow this  
davemb60

Plane drops suddenly on runway during an ILS landing

Hello,

I have a question for the pros.  During an ILS landing using my PMDG 737 at 100 feet above the touch down zone on the runway my plane suddenly drops onto the runway.

Any clues as to why this is happening?

Thank you,

Dave

I suspect sometimes when cpu is too busy fs skips positions like any other game.

One way to avoid such in future lower your graphic settings, or upgrade  cpu/gpu keep current eye candy.

I have noticed recently that turbulence  especially in GA is a lot more realistic when I keep graphic sliders low, again its the skipping of positions thing happening in turbulence.  

Also maybe worth running latest makerwys , in case its scenery issue, scenery experts can advice better on that.

Do you have your airspeed set at what the FMC says it should be for the landing? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

First ever post by the OP, and in writing the question seemed to have adequate knowledge to answer the question without asking.

So my responses: 

Did you run out of fuel?

Did you forget to adjust your altimeter and your weather engine refreshed?

Were you approaching a sloped runway?

Did your payload shift forward for some reason?

Did you take a restroom break without pausing?

Did you approach too near and underneath a heavy transport and encounter wake turbulence?

Did you err and attempt an approach during a thunderstorm and encounter a microburst?

-or-

Did you neglect to listen to ATIS and subsequenly hit the B key on your keyboard?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't think anyone here understood what you asked, but i am gone take stab at this as i had same issues this occurs with mesh settings, if ur mesh is set to high, it could cause issues on some airports where on final approach u literally land on invisible runway and suddenly find your plane on runway.  make changes to the settings and try again.  good luck, recommend setting it to 5 meters.

good luck

Hello,

I have a question for the pros.  During an ILS landing using my PMDG 737 at 100 feet above the touch down zone on the runway my plane suddenly drops onto the runway.

Any clues as to why this is happening?

Thank you,

Dave

Hi all,

Had the same issue several times flying PMDG NGX, especially on short rwys (i.e. LICJ Italy and PHOG Hawaii). Ended up disabling crash detection to avoid flight reset. I'll give a try to the mesh settings tip, thank you so much amalishkin.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

As Andre suggested, this sounds like a scenery issue.  You can test this by trying several airports.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses.  I think I will try the mesh approach and crash detection.

I tried different airports. Specifically KSFO from FSDT.  Worked perfectly.

I will try a few other stock P3D airports.

Thanks,

Dave

I tried the mesh setting at 5m and that fixed the problem with the sudden drop on rwy 27 at KBOS. Thank you Amalishkin.

(Can't wait for some KBOS airport scenery to come out, I think FlyTampa is working on a reboot for KBOS)