Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How Do I Install EZdok Camera Into Prepar3D V3

Introduction             (For Beginners) 

A guide with pictures to Install EZdok Camera into Prepar3d V 3 

With the latest update to EZCA Version 1.18.7  I will Not need any Migration Tool to perform this Install 

-----------------------------------------------------

Information of Interest

I have Prepar3D v3.1 only Installed.  I have it installed outside of C Drive on 500 gig SSD calling it my G drive 

My operating system is Windows 7. 

I do not have FSX installed on my PC.  

I do not have a lot of knowledge on EZdok Cameras and the inner workings of it,  and may not be able to answer your Questions 

The steps outlined in this Tutorial works Perfect for me, this does not mean it will work for you   :smile: 

------------------------------------------------------

Items we need. 

Prepar3D V3 and up 

Ezdok Camera Add On from Flight1.com Version 1.15.   We need to Purchase and install this first   http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

Ezdok update Version 1.17   We Install this second   http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA-Update-1.17.zip

Finally we need the Prepar3D v3 compatible update version 1.18.7  http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_1187.zip

Most importantly you need to understand how to Run programs as Administrator. You also need to understand how your Antivirus Software works and understand your Exclusions Zones and trusted Places. 

Not understanding this will possible be the cause of some of the problems you may have 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have broken this up into 9 sections.  

(1)  Running as Administrator.    Antivirus Software  

(2)  Purchasing and installing  Ezdok Camera  Version 1.15 

(3)  Downloading and Installing update Version 1.17  

(4)  Downloading and copying the Prepar3d V3 compatible Update version 1.18.7 

(5) Checking Antivirus Software and adding everything in 

(6)  Running EZdok as administrator.  

(7)  Running the Configuration Tool 

(8)  Starting Prepar3D v3

(9)  Some of the problems i had

Click Pictures to make them Big   :smile: 

============================================================================================================

(1)  Running as Administrator.   Antivirus Software  

I Run Prepar3D as administrator.   If you run Prepar3D as administrator you must setup any other programs that open with Prepar3D to also run as administrator.  Basically i run everything As administrator including my PC of course 

To run Prepar3D as Administrator 

1 Right Click on your Prepar3D v3 Icon and Click Properties.   2 Click into Compatibility, tick the box Run as administrator,  Click Apply and Ok.   3 Confirm you have full control. 

23508005034_b52abec159_b.jpg

This next bit is optional and depends on the type on Antivirus Software you have installed on your PC  I use Bitdefender so this is what I do.

You need to find your Exclusions Zone or Safe Place within your Antivirus Software.  As you go along you need to add everything into here, the Installers first exe and then add the entire folder.  

You first need to ad the Flight1 1.15 exe Installer to your Exclusions zone

24136240785_53168635e9_o.png

Just to be on the safe side,  I will disable my User account Control.  Type uac in your windows search bar.  Click Never notify and Click Ok

24110117656_c060607f3d_o.png

========================================================================================================

(2)  Purchasing and installing  Ezdok Camera  Version 1.15 

You need to Purchase and install this first.  Ezdok Camera Ad On from Flight1.com Version 1.15   http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

At this stage i have added the 1.15 exe Installer into my Exclusions Zone on my Antivirus Software 

1 Right Click and Run As administrator.     2 Click Ok.      3 I will be installing on this computer,  Click Continue 

24028118712_5e61297a26_o.png

4 This will pop up, Click Click Here to Reinstall.   5 you can use your Key or your account Email and Login information to Proceed,  Click Validate

6 The Ezdok Installer will Automatically create a folder inside your (C:) Drive.  I am happy with this  Click Ok 

24110116716_49e97ab2e8_o.png

7  and 8 Click Next.   9 Ezdok will Automatically create a Folder inside C:Programs(x86) called EZCA.  I am also happy with this.  Click Start 

24136240075_95d5be768e_o.png

Ezdok will Install and this will pop up.  10 Untick the Box,  don't run the Configuration Tool.   11 Untick the box and Click Exit.   Nothing will happen, this is normal. 

23768418469_c2f25abcf8_o.png

======================================================================================================================

(3)  Downloading and Installing update Version 1.17   

Download Version 1.17.   Right Click and  Extract the file.    http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA-Update-1.17.zip

You now need to add the Version 1.17 exe Installer into your Exclusions Zone on your Antivirus Software.  

12 Right Click and Run as administrator.   13 Close down all other Window Programs and Click Next.   14 This is the correct path to Install 1.17 update into.  Click Finish   

23840570650_fe781d7e10_o.png

==========================================================================================================================

(4)  Downloading and copying the Prepar3d V3 compatible Update version 1.18.7 

Download this file, Version 1.18.7,  Right Click and Extract the file   http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_1187.zip

15  Open up the 1.18.7 file and follow the steps in the picture. 1 Drag your mouse over the files to highlight them. 2 Right Click and Click copy

16  Go to your EZCA folder located here  ► Computer ► Local Disk © ► Program Files (x86) ► EZCA  and follow step 3,  Right Click on EZCA and Paste directly into the EZCA folder. 

23768417649_3cdcf9ae06_o.png

17 This box will pop up.  Tick the Box,  Do this for the next 1 Conflicts.  Click Copy and Replace

24028119112_b3163531e3_o.png

You can confirm that you correctly Copied and Pasted the folder by looking at the image below 

18  This is what your old EZCA folder looked like, you will not be able to see these folders anymore as its been updated with the new folder .   

19 What your new updated EZCA folder should look like.   Notice the difference in dates from 18 to 19.  

24053622611_09df145f00_o.png

=======================================================================================

(5)  Re checking Antivirus Software and adding everything in to the Exclusions Zone 

20 I now have a EZCA Config  Icon on my Desktop, I will add the pathway into my Exclusions Zone.   21 Also adding EZCA.exe  as well  

23768417789_4916fa46f2_o.png

(6)  Running EZdok as administrator. 

This is Most Important.   23  You need to Right Click on your EZCA Config.exe Icon on your Desktop go to  ►Properties ► Compatibility Tick the box Run this program as administrator, Click Apply and Ok 

24   I will also do the same for EZCA.exe  located here ► Computer ► Local Disk © ► Program Files (x86) ► EZCA   Tick the box Run this program as administrator, Click Apply and Ok

24136240475_028857d933_o.png

(7)  Running the EZCA Configuration Tool 

Right Click on your EZCA Icon,  Located on your Desktop,  and Run as administrator 

24053622301_0631584e63_o.png

Follow the 6 steps of the EZCA Configuration Tool

1 You will see this the first time you run the EZCA Configurator, Click Ok and Run it again.   2 Connect all Joystick controllers, Click Ok.    3  Click Ok.    4  Click Ok 

24110118046_c90206c337_o.png

5 Click Configure FSX Files.   6 When the process has finished.  Click Done.   

23768417429_5bb65edb42_o.png

============================================================================================

(8)  Starting Prepar3D v3

When you start Prepar3d v3,   Ezdok will automatically start and you will see it first at the bottom of your Tray.

24028119132_3bccfecea7_o.png

First thing you will need to do is Un-Map your keys in your Control Panel of Prepar3D.    The keys that i Un-maped are  Shift&A  Shift&S  Shift&D  A and S    Also your 4 Direction Keys beside your Number pad and all your Number pads Keys. 

====================================================================================================

(9)  Some of the problems i had

The first problem i had was not getting World Cameras working.  I'm not sure if this solved it but i hadn't set up Ezdok to Run as administrator, once i done that, it worked perfect.  See steps 23 and 24 

Now please don't laugh,  this is just a little picture with some of the problems i had

1 My Hat Switch on my Joystick was not working,  go into Options and into Joystick Configuration and set it up in there 

TIP:  for smoother moving i set my movement to Cinema mode,  go into Options and then into General settings you will see it there

2 When you have your NUM LOCK key on to set a view  (No 2 sets a view by the way)  you can accidentally turn your EZdok off by pressing No 3.  So when you set your View up turn off the NUM LOCK key. 

3  I could not move around the cockpit at all and couldn't figure it out,  until i realised if i haven't got this little fella pressed down PCV.  Once its pressed down i can operate the direction keys 

24110117376_73ca2be9f0_o.png

If your having problems please read this thread from start to finish   http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ezca-v1187-p3d-v3-available-for-download_topic53929.html

Thank you 

• Upvote 6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Very nice write up. Should be a sticky imo.

• Upvote 1

Woah!!! Absolutely a "must-have" tuto. Thanks!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The problem i have with ezdok is my cameras stop responding?

• Upvote 1

Hi Elaine,

May I congratulate you for creating this excellent guide. This and also your comprehensive guide on how to uninstall Prepar3D have raised the benchmark. This is how it should be done. In particular, I applaud the fact that you have not made any assumptions regarding the reader's level of expertise. Well done!

One small observation, if I may:

"3 I could not move around the cockpit at all and couldn't figure it out, until i realised if i haven't got this little fella pressed down PCV. Once its pressed down i can operate the direction keys"

I believe 'PCV' should in fact be 'POV', as in 'Point/s of View'.

Regards,
Mike

• Upvote 1

Poppet.  Love your work.

• Upvote 1

Ezdok with Windows 10 and P3d V3.1/3.0 has something odd.

Even if Ezdok runs fine, in the event viewer there are multiple crash logs for ezca.exe more than 10-12 actually and all the reports are identical which is - unknown faulting module, fault module location - x0000000, stack hash error, NTDLL pch crash.. This seems to some memory access violations

Looks like ezca.exe is crashing everytime and recovering itself as every crash reports are identical. This problem is getting discussed in simforums as well and seems to be some common issue with windows 10

Although if you can ignore the errors , ezdok otherwise runs fine (v 1.1.87), These crashes doesnt impact ezdok functionality as such

Ever since v 1.17 wherein the ezdok adopted DMA (Direct memory access) technology for better performance, it has brought way too many problems with it, almost no security software likes it including the much naive windows defender...

• Upvote 1

I am a little interested in how your 

c:\users\your pc\appdata\roaming\EZCA\db\world is looking

Might be something here thats wrong on my machine since i cant get world camera to work

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Hi Elaine,

Many thanks for your great tutorial on Ezdok, it made the install & operation very easy. I had this installed on P3dv3.0 & after doing a uninstall of 3 to 3.1 it was so simple to get going again. The  program picked up all my previous camera configs. so it really turned out well , just follow the directions!!.

Elaine  you are a real asset to this community & deserve a great deal of gratitude from our flight sim members.

Thank You

Ron

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the kind words   :smile:  

I believe 'PCV' should in fact be 'POV', as in 'Point/s of View'.

Lol,  Its only when i got out my Jam Jar glasses out i copped it.   :smile:

I am a little interested in how your 

c:\users\your pc\appdata\roaming\EZCA\db\world is looking

Might be something here thats wrong on my machine since i cant get world camera to work

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael, i had it working briefly but its gone hay wire again.  I can set one up but then My World Cam freezes and goes to the Sky cam automatically.  I have tried everything from Uninstalled to Installed, i have checked all files folders for Admin rights and so on. 

VC and Outside works perfect. 

Would be interested to know is there anybody else with the same problem with World Cam,  if so how did you fix it.