Sign in to follow this  
paulwilko10

Traffic 360 FPS Drop, Disappointed!

Hiya

Was looking to add a bit more movement in the skies and around the airports,so decided to get traffic 360.

It claims,as do users that the fps drop is negligible, well,not based on my quick experience.

With ai traffic set to 40% normal and 10% ga aircraft, I get about a 50% fps hit.

Even at those settings,landing at Gatwick during the day there was not one plane ready for take off or any landing in front of behind me. So absolutely no point in reducing the %

Any ideas what I can do or is it just not going to work?

Thanks

Paul

Just had a quick play again.

I have uk2000 Gatwick. I went from 30 FPS down to 20 with 25% traffic.

I have now gone back to uk2000 settings and turned off all static aircraft. I now get 30 FPS again,but get this,that is with 100 % traffic both airline and ga!!

Does traffic 360 overwrite all fsx standard ai traffic or should that be uninstalled?

I have not done a flight yet with the new settings, but certainly looks promising

It looks like I am having a chat with myself here lol

However, I can now confirm that Traffic 360 is an absolute pile of tosh FPS wise, it literally kills my reasonable PC.

30% set in the Traffic controls centre

40% Set in Airline traffic in FSX

0% Set in GA traffic in FSX

All Scenery sliders at absolute minimum (Far left)

I get less than 20 FPS

My sliders nearly all way right with no Traffic 360, late 20's FPS

They advertise as a low FPS hit, but based on my experience, that is just a plain lie

Thoughts anyone?

Paul

Something to think about how much AI is being processed while sitting at Gatwick. While you may only see a few aircraft within view, your AI bubble extends north to past Stansted and Luton and south to the Coast. There are potentially hundreds of AI being processed by the system even though it isn't yet drawing them. Of course there will be some hit to the system as the London area is generally one of the toughest AI spots in the sim.

Traffic 360 is the weakest of all the AI traffic addons which probably isn't helping but any claim that the FPS hit is low is incredibly dependent on location and each users system.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes,.... you are talking to yourself - not a good sign,ha! :Tounge:

I would try adding a few World of AI aircraft instead of Traffic 360 and see if you like the performance better.  It's free so you could do a nice comparison at an airport of your choice.  Just install the airlines that fly to your "test" airport.  Any traffic program is going to impact FPS no matter what the developer claims but I have been very happy with my performance through the years using WofAI and very-very happy with the looks of the models.

Just a suggestion.

Happy New Year,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hiya

Was looking to add a bit more movement in the skies and around the airports,so decided to get traffic 360.

It claims,as do users that the fps drop is negligible, well,not based on my quick experience.

With ai traffic set to 40% normal and 10% ga aircraft, I get about a 50% fps hit.

Even at those settings,landing at Gatwick during the day there was not one plane ready for take off or any landing in front of behind me. So absolutely no point in reducing the %

Any ideas what I can do or is it just not going to work?

Thanks

Paul

AITrafficManager

I use WoAI traffic, and I notice very little performance impact from it. I actually think I have better FPS than with default traffic. I have it set at 45% normal and 25% general, and my FPS is the same as it was using 20% for both with default traffic. I would recommend trying it since it is free. 

I use WoAI traffic, and I notice very little performance impact from it. I actually think I have better FPS than with default traffic. I have it set at 45% normal and 25% general, and my FPS is the same as it was using 20% for both with default traffic. I would recommend trying it since it is free. 

I use MyTraffic 6 Pro set to 90% and AITrafficManager set to 100 planes in my bubble, gained 4 -6 FPS.

Thanks guys

I have bought Ultimate Traffic 2 as there is a 30 day refund, it is better than traffic 360 but still a hit on FPS

The good thing about it, it seems you can tell it when to spawn the aircraft instead of what someone earlier said, they all being spawned all around you which could be alot of aircraft.

I am hoping for a refund on Traffic 360 although not holding my breath

If this doesnt work, I will try the freebie version

Thanks

Paul

Thanks guys

I have bought Ultimate Traffic 2 as there is a 30 day refund, it is better than traffic 360 but still a hit on FPS

The good thing about it, it seems you can tell it when to spawn the aircraft instead of what someone earlier said, they all being spawned all around you which could be alot of aircraft.

I am hoping for a refund on Traffic 360 although not holding my breath

If this doesnt work, I will try the freebie version

Thanks

Paul

I had UT2 for quite a while and dumped it for MT6.

Traffic 360 2012

UT2           2013

MT6          2015

Except that UT2 still looks miles better than MT6.  MT6 though is the simple route, so maybe that's the way for the op to go.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS