Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia GS1000 Pascal series...2016 1Q....BRING IT ON!

I'm ready...my system is ready...and my flight sims are ready...

...we are all ready...

GTX680 to---------------------------------------------------> nVidia's Pascal GTX1000.x 16GB's....

BRING IT ON!

A new year..and truly new, trans-leap generational, avaunt-guard technology...and the TIME IS NOW, for it's gone to fabrication and ensuing release/shipment!!!

Ses is ready to install.....

2016 1Qrt,is gonna start out, just grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

"Bring it on, baby...bring it ON!"   :Party:

How much are they going to cost? I would love a GTX 980 Ti, but having to pay £500+ for a graphics card is not something that I would be prepared to do unless I win the lottery.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Not due for another 6 months I thought. Has there been a new anouncement?

Yes...to be released the first quarter of 2016...in a 16GB and 32GB variety.

The best part...is that that price is not going to be much more than any other Titan/GTX9xx initial RTM release in its class.  They want this series out there...and to thwart AMD....

There's only one problem..........it will cost about as much as an entire PC. I would love a GTX 980 Ti, but having to pay £500+ for a graphics card is not something that I would be prepared to do unless I win the lottery.

I'll say this...for THIS CARD, and this technology...I'd be having no problem spending the amount that was asked for the Titan series of cards. No problem at all...the tech is simply mind blowing...the thing will run at full max, killer performance, at ice-cold temps....

this is what I have been waiting for...and why I still have a GTX680.....but not for long....not much past the first quarter of this year...

Gawd...for the first time in 5 years...truly...an advanced leap in Graphic Card technology (GPU, as well as VRAM)...can't wait, can't wait...nVidia's Pascal...I love ya!  :wub:

Yes...to be released the first quarter of 2016...in a 16GB and 32GB variety.

Do you have a link?

How much are they going to cost? I would love a GTX 980 Ti, but having to pay £500+ for a graphics card is not something that I would be prepared to do unless I win the lottery.

Pray for AMD to produce a proper video card so there is some competition. Right now nVidia can ask whatever price they want as long as their cards rule supreme.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Do you have a link?

Just Google nVidia Pascal, and you will get many links, that will tell you it has been taped, and sent to fabrication in Taiwan.  They also state a 1rstQ 2016 release.

Can you give us a link please?  I haven't seen squat about this happening earlier than 3rd quarter!

Just Google nVidia Pascal, and you will get many links, that will tell you it has been taped, and sent to fabrication in Taiwan.  They also state a 1rstQ 2016 release.

Can you give us a link please?  I haven't seen squat about this happening earlier than 3rd quarter!

Here's one...and there are a ton of others...just Google...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2898175/nvidias-next-gen-pascal-gpu-will-offer-10x-the-performance-of-titan-x-8-way-sli.html

Most of the articles I read yesterday said 1Q, and/or 2Q of 2016.

"The company said it's next-gen GPU technology, codenamed Pascal, will offer roughly ten times the performance of the Titan X, at least in compute tasks."

That means CUDA processing, not necessarily video. Until I see a benchmark, I'll reserve judgment.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Ten times the performance of a Titan X? Oh, look! A flying pig!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes...and I am getting one of these fabulous 'flying pigs' as soon as they are out...flying through the FPS/texture clarity; roof... :)

Clear textures...all computing and chomping....as soon as they are out! :)

It's what I have been waiting for, and truly new graphics technology, in both the GPU tech, and the memory it feeds...HBM2-3D matrix stacks....YeeeHawwwww!  This leap hasn't been seen in five years.... :Party:

GPU Moores Law, just got a kick in the a**, for 2016  Happy New Year!!!

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-hbm2-16gb-1-tbs-2016/

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37937-nvidia-pascal-gp100-gpu-reportedly-tapes-out

http://vrworld.com/2015/11/16/nvidia-unveils-pascal-gpu-16gb-of-memory-1tbs-bandwidth/

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpus-supported-geforce-drivers-adds-support-vulkan-api/

Ses

Hey Ses,

Greetings to a fellow Niagara Falls aficionado. You may want to check out this post from Linus. The site is reputable and brought some of the more optimistic claims into better focus. Your move from your current card will be a kicker, but may not lift your house off the ground.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/462486-nvidia-pascal-mythbusting/

All the best in the New Year!

Hey Ses,

Greetings to a fellow Niagara Falls aficionado. You may want to check out this post from Linus. The site is reputable and brought some of the more optimistic claims into better focus. Your move from your current card will be a kicker, but may not lift your house off the ground.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/462486-nvidia-pascal-mythbusting/

All the best in the New Year!

I'll take a look right now, GFD! :)  Thanks for the link...I read everything! :)

Post Edit: Well GFD, just finished reading, and as the article states, we truly won't know about the gaming advantage over Maxwell, until they are out and sites have one to put through the paces.  I intended to wait for that event...and then decide from the published gaming specs.  I do certainly hope it is a grand leap forward as far as flight simulation goes...and will keep my fingers crossed that it will exactly be that.  If so...as I said...I then will pull the want-one-trigger....  :hi:

Well I've looked this morning, and I still haven't found anything about first quarter. Second quarter yes, as I said, 6 months at least.

And ten times faster than a Titan is "compute performance" not gaming performance.

I would agree with that Chris. Won't be anything like that for gaming. I've seen this sort of hype many times before. I hope Pascal is going to be as monumental as they say... but I'll not get carried away like the OP until I see it in action.