Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia GS1000 Pascal series...2016 1Q....BRING IT ON!

Every time Nvidia releases new gen cards it's the same story. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I think the future bottleneck will be the software, it's getting to be a bit like that now. Apps like FSX/P3D that are 32-bit will see little benefit (they are already bursting at the VAS seams), and even those like X-Plane that are 64-bit but run on a wheezy old OpenGL graphics standard will not see much in performance gain. Even something as established as SLI is beyond them (although I believe P3D can benefit from that a little).

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

video link (snip)

Great addition to the thread. THANK YOU!  Very informative....

Getting excited!  I've been sitting in the Maxwell 'bush' for so long now....

I need more than my GTX680 2GB card can offer for XPX.45.  That 16 GB's onboard will be most welcome, especially for the Rotate MD-80

Mitch

Why do I have a feeling that we will not see this card for another year or if it does surface it will be in the pro segment or all production will go towards the IBM/Nvidia supercomputers...I still have yet to see a definitive post describing what will be on the consumer version of this.

Why do I have a feeling that we will not see this card for another year or if it does surface it will be in the pro segment or all production will go towards the IBM/Nvidia supercomputers...I still have yet to see a definitive post describing what will be on the consumer version of this.

True...but within probably 1-6 months, we are all going to find out. I am reading of a lot of excitement on other forums, in persons such as myself, that have not gone past Kepler, to see what would evolve beyond the Maxwell series. I just sense Slayer, that this is gonna be a true 'sleeper'....and will do for flight simulation, what overclocking the CPU to 4Ghz + did for FPS performance, once we could...

...like I said, it has been a long time, since I have 'watched the clock' on a soon-to-be-released GPU product.  I have a sense that my wait, and upgrade hold-off, will have been a very wise move....but only the near future will reveal that.  :smile:

I raise a class of cheer to the near future...!

Salute,

Ses

Oh, just slap one of these into your computer and it will all be OK....

2zrqnf5.jpg

Too fast...and no socket for it...  LOL!

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-hbm2-16gb-1-tbs-2016/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Give me twice the power of a Titan X for £250, and I will be interested. Ten times the power at £500 will still be too expensive.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Even if the new Tech only turns out to give us half of what they are hyping then it will be a good year. The guy in the clip above makes a good point in the fact that not much has really came along in the past couple of years. I am still kind of dragging along with a 3770K and GTX 780. Like a Blond I have been looking for something new, shinny and bright to induce some excitement but no where to be found. We are all a bit like the little boy digging in the pile of horse poop because he knows there just has to be a pony in there somewhere. Hopefully the pony is closer than we know.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It's more likely that these nVidia products will show up in cars, robotics and game consoles before they will for a PCIe based system. nVidia is a lot more interested in selling stuff that doesn't need a traditional CPU. I would be very impressed if the first consumer application of the GP100 is in a PCIe card that will work in any desktop computer.

It's more likely that these nVidia products will show up in cars, robotics and game consoles before they will for a PCIe based system. nVidia is a lot more interested in selling stuff that doesn't need a traditional CPU. I would be very impressed if the first consumer application of the GP100 is in a PCIe card that will work in any desktop computer.

Jab..nVidia is replacing Maxwell with Pascal, just as Maxwell replaced Kepler.  It will be for video gaming. Maxwell is not the end of production for PCIe-based systems. It's just that this chip and memory combo is so potent...it can be translated to other applications, besides computer gaming.

It may be worth waiting and not jumping on the Pascal bandwagon upon release.

I would imagine the first cards will be reference design cards. Reference PCB, reference components, reference cooling.

I think I would rather wait until the likes of EVGA have added their special something. Better performance better cooling. You may regret jumping on the bandwagon too soon.

Jab..nVidia is replacing Maxwell with Pascal, just as Maxwell replaced Kepler.  It will be for video gaming. Maxwell is not the end of production for PCIe-based systems. It's just that this chip and memory combo is so potent...it can be translated to other applications, besides computer gaming.

I think that you missed my point. Sure, there might be a three-figured Titan-like GP-100 PCIe release during 2016, just to entice the VR freaks who can't use their goggles without blowing their cookies at 60 fps. My point is that is not nVidia's target market. They don't need Intel and it's outdated architecture anymore. Their goal is to sell their GPUs to the highest bidder: driverless cars, workstation manufacturers, game consoles, whatever.