Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

non standard bmp

Hi

I was wondering what this means, I got a non standard scenery\world\texture\detail1.bmp error in the diagnostics test. I have been having oom problems the last few days ever since loading orbx southern California, I was wondering if this could be a problem because of this file?

Thank you for any insight into this.

Anthony Marquis

I figured it out, for some reason rex4 loaded this file and it is corrupt, I have restored my old textures so I will see if that is the cause of my ooms.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

A non standard detail.bmp won't cause an oom. It's just an informational message. There is a blog post on my website discussing detail1.bmp. There is at least one freeware version (not from Rex) that has no mipmaps and causes shimmering in dx10. I prefer the default or the Orbx version.

Thank you Steve for the info. I'll keep working on the oom problem, I just wanted to eliminate everything.

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu