Hi guys looking to get back into fsx after a few years away. I have read through some posts and know I can build a better system myself. But.......... Would rather just buy somthing already made. I am looking at the x51 Alienware. Would this run smooth with a few addons

Intel® Core™ i3-6100 (3M Cache, 3.70 GHz) Processor

Windows 10 Home

8GB Memory

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 745 with 4GB DDR3

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Outside price range. Got 900 to spend but need joystick, and saitek autopilot module. Thanks for reply tho

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Save more then, or you will be ultimately disappointed.

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Paul

Paul

Second one would be ideal but is discontinued

Best I can find, pre-overclocked to 4.4ghz

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/warbird-h230-quad-core-i5-6600k-gaming-desktop

UKV6427

Look online for a Dell XPX730x tower system...see if you can get one with the i7-975/980 Extreme CPU...and then, just shop for the latest GPU that you can afford.

Trust me...if you can even get one of these beasts....it will be the last tower you will ever buy.  It is ATX-Motherboard-extended capable...and right from the last day of production, had killer specs that will garner you easily, 30-50 FPS in any M.S. based flight sim, with anything at or above the class of a GTX680 graphic card.

You can easily overclock on air...4.1 Ghz.  You should also update the BIOS from the Dell version as shipped (Dell BIOS v1.05 or 1.06), to the Alienware A10 that has been created for it.  If you get one of these...PM me...and I will show you how it is done. If you upgrade to the Alienware BIOS...you will be able to have 12 GB's of system RAM, at all the hottest timing settings! 

I have one...with the Intel Extreme i7-975 (that's the one you want!!!) CPU, an nVidia GTX680 2GB graphics card, and all my three hard drives, are W.D. Velocirator 1TB 10,000 RPM units.  If you get the above decked out....you will have a killer flight simulation platform.  For USB 3.x...just add a card for that...and then you will have the latest and greatest USB speeds.  Did that as well.

The Dell XPS730x, is a total server-grade build, including all server-grade fan cages, with multi-level insertion, that covers each cage element.

Being on the ATX-extended size standard, and not Dell propriety, you will be able to upgrade anything within this monster tower, including the PSU, if needed at any future time. They do NOT build tower cases like this anymore. This tower was Dell's last masterpiece of quality and engineering, before they sold themselves out by dropping their own (X)tra (P)erformace (X)treme line-up, for Alienware.  The Dell XPX730x....well...It is the Man of Steel...of towers....and I kid you not.....

Check 'em out...and then make your best deal.

Google The Dell XPS730x and read up (and view pics), all you need to. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_XPS_730x

https://www.google.ca/search?q=The+Dell+XPS730x&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2-J_YyY_KAhWJ2T4KHb_lBJYQsAQIRw&biw=1536&bih=860

Important note: ...you must get the 730X model...not one only monikered as 730.

Ses

Thanks guys for spending time helping. I can't find the xps on the uk fell site ses. Charlatan I didn't even notice it was discontinued http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Next+Day+Gaming+PCs/GLADIATOR+AMD+FX-8350+%2F+GTX960+Next+Day+Gaming+PC+?operation=shoppingBasketAdd&productId=63434&context=systems but noticed this is amd rather than Intel does this make a difference? Clocked to 4.2ghz

Thanks again guys

Paul

Second one would be ideal but is discontinued

Best I can find, pre-overclocked to 4.4ghz

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/warbird-h230-quad-core-i5-6600k-gaming-desktop

I've been to their Store off Tottenham Court Rd, Central London, and will vouch that they do make quality hardware. But maybe it'd be worthwhile looking elsewhere for a better graphics card that will take you a long way ahead.

Also go check out Scan if you live nearby as they also make quality customised set-ups. When I was in there a few days ago buying a GTX970 GPU, I noticed some fab-looking beasts they have pre-built. And they win loads of Awards too.

And as has been suggested, elsewhere, if your budget can stretch to it, opt for an Intel CPU.

Trust me...if you can even get one of these beasts....it will be the last tower you will ever buy.  It is ATX-Motherboard-extended capable...and right from the last day of production, had killer specs that will garner you easily, 30-50 FPS in any M.S. based flight sim, with anything at or above the class of a GTX680 graphic card.

I think the above is what we refer to as "hyperbole"!

Of course it wont be the last tower he ever buys. The latest and greatest is greater than your definition of greatest, in terms of both power and features.

• Upvote 1

Look online for a Dell XPX730x tower system...see if you can get one with the i7-975/980 Extreme CPU...and then, just shop for the latest GPU that you can afford.

You can easily overclock on air...4.1 Ghz.  You should also update the BIOS from the Dell version as shipped (Dell BIOS v1.05 or 1.06), to the Alienware A10 that has been created for it.  If you get one of these...PM me...and I will show you how it is done. If you upgrade to the Alienware BIOS...you will be able to have 12 GB's of system RAM, at all the hottest timing settings! 

I have one...with the Intel Extreme i7-975 (that's the one you want!!!) CPU, an nVidia GTX680 2GB graphics card, and all my three hard drives, are W.D. Velocirator 1TB 10,000 RPM units.  If you get the above decked out....you will have a killer flight simulation platform.  For USB 3.x...just add a card for that...and then you will have the latest and greatest USB speeds.  Did that as well.

The Dell XPS730x, is a total server-grade build, including all server-grade fan cages, with multi-level insertion, that covers each cage element.

Being on the ATX-extended size standard, and not Dell propriety, you will be able to upgrade anything within this monster tower, including the PSU, if needed at any future time. They do NOT build tower cases like this anymore. This tower was Dell's last masterpiece of quality and engineering, before they sold themselves out by dropping their own (X)tra (P)erformace (X)treme line-up, for Alienware.  The Dell XPX730x....well...It is the Man of Steel...of towers....and I kid you not.....

Check 'em out...and then make your best deal.

Google The Dell XPS730x and read up (and view pics), all you need to. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_XPS_730x

https://www.google.ca/search?q=The+Dell+XPS730x&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2-J_YyY_KAhWJ2T4KHb_lBJYQsAQIRw&biw=1536&bih=860

Important note: ...you must get the 730X model...not one only monikered as 730.

Ses

Utter rubbish.  Why would he want to buy a technology from 4 or 5 generations ago?

Thanks guys for spending time helping. I can't find the xps on the uk fell site ses. Charlatan I didn't even notice it was discontinued http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Next+Day+Gaming+PCs/GLADIATOR+AMD+FX-8350+%2F+GTX960+Next+Day+Gaming+PC+?operation=shoppingBasketAdd&productId=63434&context=systems but noticed this is amd rather than Intel does this make a difference? Clocked to 4.2ghz

Thanks again guys

That is also discontinued ;)  It is also garbage, avoid AMD like the plague for Flight Simming.

I've been to their Store off Tottenham Court Rd, Central London, and will vouch that they do make quality hardware. But maybe it'd be worthwhile looking elsewhere for a better graphics card that will take you a long way ahead.

Also go check out Scan if you live nearby as they also make quality customised set-ups. When I was in there a few days ago buying a GTX970 GPU, I noticed some fab-looking beasts they have pre-built. And they win loads of Awards too.

And as has been suggested, elsewhere, if your budget can stretch to it, opt for an Intel CPU.

The one I linked to can be customised to whatever you like, including a 970.  They are a good £200 cheaper than scan's equivalent too.  A 970 can be added for £80 and £8 for the recommended PSU upgrade to run the 970.

• Upvote 1

UKV6427

flight sim, with anything at or above the class of a GTX680 graphic card. 

Being on the ATX-extended size standard, and not Dell propriety, you will be able to upgrade anything within this monster tower, including the PSU, if needed at any future time.

Except the most important thing, the CPU of course.

They do NOT build tower cases like this anymore. This tower was Dell's last masterpiece of quality and engineering,

Err... Dell might not but everyone else does. You are 5 years behind the times my friend. :smile:

Charlotan I seam to be getting most help answers from you and thanks for your time looking at systems. Am I correct saying the I want to upgrade graphics card to the 970 and motherboard on this system https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Systems/Gaming+Range/Value+Gamer/GLADIATOR+PHOENIX+-+Intel+i3-4170+%2F+GTX950+Gaming+PC+?productId=63103

Thanks, Paul

Paul