Sign in to follow this  
Luis Vargas

From Prepar3d v2 to v3 - how to install?

Hi, I am going to uninstall 737NGX from Prepar3d v2.5 and install it again on Prepar3d v3.1. Will I need a new installer for v3.1? I am unsure in doing this.

Hi, I am going to uninstall 737NGX from Prepar3d v2.5 and install it again on Prepar3d v3.1. Will I need a new installer for v3.1? I am unsure in doing this.

Uninstall the version you have currently installed. Download a new installer from your account. Install.

READ THIS BEFORE FLYING:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, thank you! Of course I did a search about it, but it was not successful. I will do it. 

I just installed the NGX into P3Dv.3.1.  I'm doing a flight now.

The only problem that I had installing it was that  the new installer looked for a folder in My Documents called "Prepar3D v2 Files".  This caused an error since P3Dv.2 is not installed on my computer. This error prevented the install.

All I had to do was create a folder called "Prepar3D v2 Files" since the only folder I had was "Prepar3D v3 Files".  When I did that, the installer found it and installed perfectly.

All I had to do was create a folder called "Prepar3D v2 Files" since the only folder I had was "Prepar3D v3 Files".  When I did that, the installer found it and installed perfectly.

Did you download the latest version of the installer, or did you try using your original v2.5 installer?

Kyle Rodgers