Sign in to follow this  
wdelorme

Issue with Mindstar G1000 with Prepar3D

Hey Ed,

I sent the email as you instructed. I will be out this evening and home tomorrow around 3:30 to 4:00 pm. Since I wiped my computer I will need your remote link software again. Thanks

Wil

Hey Ed,

I wanted to let you know that I download MFSX-Steam edition.  I fixed the registry issue where the add-on software noted multiple installs, and Mindstar installed properly.  SO I believe the problem I was having with P3D was not anything we were think but 3.1 of P3D.  I have Mindstar G1000 installed now in FSX-SE, but I get a Mindstar Gauge Error code 14001.  Can you direct me to correct that? 

I switch to FSX because I could not get my g-1000 hardware knobs and buttons to work with P3D either after you guys manually installed in P3D for me.  So I think this info may help you with future installation issues with the new P3D.  However if I can get your help again with the 14001 error, I would most certainly appreciate it.  Thanks

So the error reads like this:

'MPI GAUGE':Failed to load SimConnect Interface DLL:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mindstar\Flight Simulator Addons\iSimConnect.dll

Error Code 14001

Hope that info helps.

The Auto installed worked and the Mindstar G1000 is installed in the aircraft I configured in the g1000 Configuration file.  So I think Prepar3D 3.1 has a change that stops Mindstar from installing properly.

Wil

FSX:SE doesn't install SimConnect. You'll have to locate the SimConnect installer (wherever the Steam edition put it in your installation's folders) and install SimConnect.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Please disregard.....

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hey everyone,

I know this post is sort of old at this point in the game.  I just wanted to let everyone know that I worked through this problem with the mindstar folks and the designer of my G1000 system.  The problem was probably a permssions issue with the Leo Bodnar units software.  My resolution of this problem was a circuit board that was designed by Tyler Noble and additional software driver that makes this system work flawlessly with the Hardware P3D and Mindstar.  So I have it working fully functional now with the upgrade to my hardware.  If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact Tyler Noble at Noble Flight Simulations.  He is a Great Guy and is super helpful with a low cost G1000 unit for your home simulator.

Thanks,

Wil