Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Mesh

Hello Pilots. just downloaded v3.1 and was wondering what is a good mesh to use with v3.1 ?   I used FS Genisis with FSX and P3Dv2.5. I was not great but just ok in my opinion.  I've read about Pilots mesh and also I understand the free mesh is even better. Any ideas?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Just use the Freemesh.  It's awesome and the price cannot be beat.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Greggy, that is what I've read, most people using it say it is great.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Lamar Wright

+1 for FreeMeshX. 

Very easy to use, can install it anywhere (I have it on a 3.0 external drive to save space on my SSD), visually very impressive, no effect on performance, excellent value for money.

Ian S

38.jpg

Hey Ian,

I was looking at the free mesh. Am currently using FS Global, but am looking for an alternative. The global money has been spent.

I no longer use FTX Vector, so I no longer have the elevation correction tool in their configurator.

FreeMeshX have said on their website that they don't intend to create one. Fair enough. Can't beat the price. Have you noticed elevation mismatches with free mesh?

Thanks

I am just interested in the US NA part right now so do I just download the part I need and the installer installs it in P3D?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Having once been an FSGenisis subcriber, I have most of Justin's old mesh.  I did also download and install the FreeMeshX and, for the price;-) its definitely a FANTASTIC deal.  However, I've gone back to the old FSG mesh, as in most places, it is without doubt, better looking imho.

Hey Ian,

I was looking at the free mesh. Am currently using FS Global, but am looking for an alternative. The global money has been spent.

I no longer use FTX Vector, so I no longer have the elevation correction tool in their configurator.

FreeMeshX have said on their website that they don't intend to create one. Fair enough. Can't beat the price. Have you noticed elevation mismatches with free mesh?

Thanks

Hi Graham

No, I've not noticed any elevation issues personally.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there is a FreeMeshX forum in the freeware developers section of AVSIM? I've had a quick look, most issues seem to be people struggling to download. I did see reference to a couple of elevation queries. Daniel (the developer) indicated it would be fixed with version 1.06. Can't beat that for freeware service.

Ian S

38.jpg

FreeMeshX is great!  Works and looks fantastic, and as others have said, can't beat the price.

Improvement over stock is night and day, but I can't compare to FS Global as I haven't tried it.

I think you might run into a random elevation issue occasionally, but that's the nature of trying to accurately model such huge areas using the MS database for airports.  I noted one in the FreeMeshX forum here and Daniel was quick to respond.

I see no more issues with FreeMeshX however than I do that are Vector related... bound to be something whacky occasionally.

Ian,be77solo,

Thanks for the info.

I am just interested in the US NA part right now so do I just download the part I need and the installer installs it in P3D?

So, Just download and install into P3DV3.1 ?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Yes, just download NA and add to your Scenery Library.

Thanks Greg

Regards

Lamar Wright

I also use FreemeshX - it is great.

Has anyone had a problem with the Asia region though?  For some reason, every time I download the Asia packs I encounter an issue with opening the zipfiles.

+1 for FreeMeshX. 

Very easy to use, can install it anywhere (I have it on a 3.0 external drive to save space on my SSD), visually very impressive, no effect on performance, excellent value for money.

Hi guys

I have P3D and FSX on the same SSD drive with Freemesh installed on FSX. Can I just use this mesh for P3D by adding the Freemesh installed on FSX into my P3D library?

Many thanks

John