Sign in to follow this  
bjapp677

NGX and P3D V3 FPS drop at destination airport

Guys, it's very simple.

A complex aircraft + complex weather engine = low fps.

At cruise, it obviously won't be so bad because P3D doesn't have to display the 3D scenery, only the ground textures. When you're landing, the engine is calculating so much stuff (LNAV/VNAV, winds, rendering the scenery, etc.) that it will obviously take a toll on your framerate. If you put ANY aircraft into FSX/P3D, on descent/landing, there will obviously some kind of performance hit.

Well, cruising gives me great fps too, but fly into a large scenery causes major stutter to me.

I believe that's because of my old GTX670, that's the bottleneck. Right now I'm on the way to GTX970.:)

Thank you guys for your attentions.

As far as the stutters, sometimes having the internal limiter can make those worse on the newer i7's.  Some i5's too..

In know with the i7 4790 that I'm using, if I run the limiter at 30-35-40, for some reason it seems to choke the sim

down more than it really should, and seems to not let it use all the horsepower that it could in dense areas.

In really dense areas, I get higher rates and less stuttering using "unlimited" vs a locked rate. This is backwards

from what my previous AMD box did... It ran better with it locked. But not my i7.. And it seems the more dense

the scenery, the more difference it makes. I'm also using FTX Global and Vector with the scenery and autogen at max.

Also ASN.. Now version 4 as of tonight.. So my WX can be a load too at times.

Most areas,cities, no real problem. But some of the dense city areas can load it down a bit. IE: KLAX is one.. Most of the

load is confirmed FTX vector object load.. And I'm not making it easy running scenery and autogen at max.. I also have

Vector itself set showing all objects.  But I live with it.. Most of the time, by the time I get to the runway, it's OK.

Anyway, I do better in those dense areas with unlimited instead of a locked frame rate. Might be worth a try with yours,

if you haven't tried it.

BTW, I just remembered you are on P3D.. I'm on FSX.. So likely different.. But worth a try anyway I guess..

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Sorry about it. Done. 

So whats the main diffrence that happend from 3.0 to 3.1 or from ASN SP3 TO SP4 ? 

Whats the cause to this ?

Roi Ben

So whats the main diffrence that happend from 3.0 to 3.1 or from ASN SP3 TO SP4 ? 
Whats the cause to this ?

I'm not sure. I honestly haven't noticed any negative change. If anything, only a massive performance improvement.

Either way...not our code that changed, so you'd have to ask LM or HiFi.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure. I honestly haven't noticed any negative change. If anything, only a massive performance improvement.

Either way...not our code that changed, so you'd have to ask LM or HiFi.

Well, it depends on what you call an "improvement". Yes, my FPS clock shows stable 25-30FPS when approaching FT CYYZ RNW23 with T7  and 600ft OVC. However, the ASN stuttering (yes, it's ASN, not anything else) is just killing the show. Never seen this since pre-CoreDuo FS2004 times. Maybe it's something wrong with either NET or MS Visual libraries. Nor I have CTDs and similar crashes (thanks God)

Anyway, it's very very strange and unusual. Going to open the ticket with HiFi soon

Dimitri Toropov. 

Well It came to my thought today that will a P3D V2.x complicable or not offically a V3.x complicable scenery cause performance drop?

Will there any like not-so-optimized parts in the scenery?

Not sure about that, just for discuss.

Bai Jian