Sign in to follow this  
Albin

P3d v3 pmdg problem. HELP pls

I have installed p3d v3 and pmdg 737/777. When I start 737 or 777 It is black displays and no buttons are clickable. I can hear the engine sounds but nothing work.

I never had this problem in FSX. I have tried to reinstall Pmdg and it doesn't work. 

Pls help.

Picture

https://ibwilq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y3mf2uH9qP5pbyqPxuzdsDaOoJimfLiawqACg1ZagWxjIlRdYF628-iKPvy9k8jj2EWVo15feB8U00R1syF1MRwtg4csY6MVlACW6J6KKl1JCI-Wlx7uoGJiu113EOj6jDNH_M-aosoyxkbBGk5YUNvHuWyX27pIa6sQiCVbvj8vwE/2016-01-04.png?psid=1

Edited by sas68

Sound like Simconnect issue. After you installed for the first time and launched the sim with the PMDG Aircraft did you get a popup asking for your registration Key? If not I believe you are missing the appropriate sim connect. In the file you downloaded there are two readme files.

Open the one called: PREPAR3D USERS READ ME

The instructions for fixing your problem are outlined in that read me :-)

I had the same problem with aerosoft Airbus and it worked after I installed simconnect. But for pmdg p3d crashes when I enter the cockpit. Before p3d didn't crash but nothing work in the pmdg.

Also be aware that PMDG aircrafts do not like to be started when an other vehicle has been started before. It can also result in non-clickable buttons and switches.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I have tried that but When I save a flight with pmdg as default flight p3d crashes When I start it.

When I save a flight with pmdg as default flight

You cannot do that!

Do not save your default flight with a PMDG aircraft that will cause anyone's system to crash.

I cannot explain why but thrust me you just can't do it.

To fix it open the Prepared.cfg in appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3D

Find: [uSERINTERFACE]

and below that heading SITUATION=C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\Default flight Name

Look up a different saved scenario containing a default aircraft in your Prepar3D V3 Files and copy and paste the name of that scenario over what is in the place of Default Flight Name above. Close and save the change.

Then when you start P3D the scenario screen will show that as the default flight.

If you want to fly a PMDG aircraft you should always set the scenario screen to open with a default aircraft when P3D is started and do not save a default flight with a PMDG aircraft. Its asking for trouble.

If you want to fly a PMDG Aircraft it must be the first aircraft loaded into Memory when the sim starts. If you want to change aircraft, restart the sim.

I set P3D to start with the Scenario Setup screen box checked. Then I just pick any aircraft, starting airport. and it  works very time with aircraft like the PMDG and Q400 and Airbus. . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I set P3D to start with the Scenario Setup screen box checked. Then I just pick any aircraft, starting airport. and it  works very time with aircraft like the PMDG and Q400 and Airbus. . 

Yea, That's the way to do it, But he is setting the default scenario with a PMDG aircraft in V3 and if you do that V3 or at least V3.1 will crash to a black screen before it even gets to the scenario screen. I had the same problem and reported it as a bug to PMDG and Kyle replied that it says in the intro manual that it would do exactly that.

Just don't save the default scenario with a PMDG aircraft. As Bob suggests let the scenario screen load first then make the appropriate selections.

Okay I can now start p3d without a crash but when I choose a pmdg airctaft and start the flight I just hear a click and than it crashes.

Did you get your simconnect issue sorted out. i.e. have you entered your registration key?

Yes but now p3d crashes when I start the flight, just hear a click. Before I fixed simconnect It didn't crash but all buttons were non-clickable as the picture https://ibwilq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y3mf2uH9qP5pbyqPxuzdsDaOoJimfLiawqACg1ZagWxjIlRdYF628-iKPvy9k8jj2EWVo15feB8U00R1syF1MRwtg4csY6MVlACW6J6KKl1JCI-Wlx7uoGJiu113EOj6jDNH_M-aosoyxkbBGk5YUNvHuWyX27pIa6sQiCVbvj8vwE/2016-01-04.png?psid=1

Is that happening with both the NGX and the 777?

OK I have 2 last suggestions. Beyond that I would ask a Moderator to move this thread to the PMDG support form, (you will need to add your real name to your signature for that.

My first suggestion is to pick one of the aircraft. Say the 777

1. Restart your system

2. run the installation file for aircraft you selected

3. Since it is already installed you will be given the option to repair. Select that option.

4. start the Sim and see it the aircraft loads and behaves normally.

5. Exit the Sim and restart your system.

If that worked do the same for the other one and remember to restart the your system after.

If it doesn't work.

1. Make a backup of your Prepar3D.cfg to your desktop. You will fine the .cfg in appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3D.

2. once you make the backup, delete the Prepar3D.cfg in appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3D (you always have the backup if you have customized it and want to put it back.

3. Start the sim. It will make a new Prepar3D.cfg.

4. In the scenario screen select one of the PMDG aircraft and click "OK"

If that works you are sorted. Any setting you had saved will still be available under the setting tab.

If it worked you can then try to put your backup Prepar3D.cfg back in appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3D

it might continue to work but if it doesn't then there is something wrong with it so just start again with a fresh Prepar3D.cfg and forget about the backup.

If non of that works then I don't know anymore beyond that. You will need to get help directly from PMDG of the PMDG support forum. :-)