Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Earth Simulations Alderney - black houses

I am currently experiencing a problem with black (untextured) houses in the Earth Simulations Alderney scenery. More than half of the houses in the town suffer from this, and I am puzzled as to why it is happening. I do not appear to have a texture problem in any other ES scenery package :sad: Can anyone help?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Logically, youre missing some textures that are specific to Alderney then Chris? Did you just install it recently, or has it been working before and youre suddenly experiencing black houses where they had been properly textured before?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I don't recall noticing the problem previously, but I guess it's possible that upgrading to v3 could have caused an issue (although the fact that it is on a separate drive to P3D makes that a bit difficult to understand).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

hello

you may be missing these files and maybe more from the Alderney ESI pack ES-3D_Library.esi

HS_Rural_01.dds

HS_Rural_01LM.dds

the .esi folders can be unpacked using WinRar

The textures need to be in the Prepar3d / texture folder

There are a number of folder from the .esi zip folders that need to unpack to the prepar3d

corresponding folders (effects textures ect)

I am running p3d v3.1 and have a second set of folders separate drive from p3d and linked via there cfg files as described on there website

I was able to upgrade from v3 with a full install with no problems.

I hope tis is of help

regards

• Upvote 1

Chris, I've emailed you with a couple of files that I had over and above the list you sent me. Let me know if that works?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I had this also. The texture files were in a separate texture folder referenced in the texture.cfg, but for some reason weren't loading. Putting them in the main P3d texture folder worked though.

• Upvote 1

Dave Garwood.

I'm really pleased this thread has popped up as I'm having the same issue except with the Isles of Scilly. I should be able to get that resolved by following the advice here - I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks a lot chaps!

By the way, I have another issue with Alderney in that in the winter, I don't get very much autogen at all - the town seems to disappear. It is fine in other seasons. I had this with FSX too. Does anyone else have this and is there a fix for it?

Cheers

Stu

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

Thanks for the replies, guys. I will check this out when I get home from work, and let you know.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dabba, thank you so much for the advice you gave - it has solved my problem of black buildings completely.

With regard to the other issue I have been having with Alderney, (that large swathes of autogen are missing in the Winter), I have fixed that by copying the Texture folder from Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Autumn into the Winter and Hard Winter folders. It may not have snow on it but at least it is there! Just posting this in case it helps anyone else with the same issue.

Thanks all,

Stu.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

I had this also. The texture files were in a separate texture folder referenced in the texture.cfg, but for some reason weren't loading. Putting them in the main P3d texture folder worked though.

Strangely enough I also seemed to have this issue with the texture.cfg :s

xaP1VAU.png

I will copy those textures back to the main P3D textures folder tonight, and hopefully that will solve the issue!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Moving the Alderney textures back to the main P3D texture folder has solved the problem of the black houses!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png