Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Noticed something funny...

Doesnt the screenshot forum start to look more and more like an airlin arrival/departure board? :-lol ... I went in today and as soon as I did... all I could see was airline names, airline aircraft, major airport ICAOs, and flight numbers. :-lol

Guest ba747heavy

lol, I have noticed the same thing, back when used to post there with some frequency ;)

Those are nice pictures but what my point was that the screenshot forum is so overloaded with airliner subjects that you hardly ever see anything that has less than 20 seats...

I have started a couple of threads recently with pictures of my FU3 Raytheon Beechjet 400A in bad weather. That has less than 20 seats ;-) I will post more shots of FU3 over the coming days and weeks, to illustrate just how impressive this flight simulator can look.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest GravitySucks

I agree completely..the screenshots forum definitely seems weighted heavily to the airliners side of the flight simming equation.. Not anything wrong with that, but it would be nice to see some more GA plane pics... after a while, one picture of an A-340 landing looks just like the next one.. :-)I personally don't have the computer/video card to get some good pics, or else I would contribute...

Guest adria320

Well guys, you are gladly welcomed to post pics of planes with less then 20 seats in the screenshots forum ;) So come on over to our side and make it look less like an airport departure/arrival board :-lol

Guest ba747heavy

I think airliners are posted there because that is typically what people want to see, and people will respond to. I have seen folks post amazing GA pics, with little to no reaction, and I have see subpar airliner pics get more of a reaction. I think this explains why there are little of genres posted there. Just the way it is :)Note - this post is my personal opinion.

Guest flyhi

Hello pals.First of all i'd like to say 2 things:1. I have no problem to see this or the other airplane or this or the other airport for a thousand time.2. Every time i take screenshots or edit them it's me that enjoys it first.I have posted screenshots several times -and different themes from time to time- and in general i ugree with Fred (ba747heavy) .But is this the question really ?As i see it, it is not a mutter of reaction from the others for me, i mean how many responses or views i shall get. Not so much a mutter of quality as well. Airplanes or scenery also.It is a mutter of showing to the commynity something different, something new, something based in creativity or something given from my point of view. Something i find interesting or charming which i want to share with simflyers mates.So, to come to an end, i suggest that we all post what we want to share with the others becouse in one or another reason we feel like to do so. No mutter what kind of computer (new or old) we have, graphic card, equipment or add ons. This does not count. Thats how i see it.HAve a nice day you all,nikolas vegas/athens/hellas (greece)

I'm not really complaining and I didnt mean for this to be a complaint thread... there's nothing wrong with people posing about what they like... I just wanted to comment on how it was interesting that all the thread titles combined made the forum look like an arrival/depature status screen.

Guest proptinpusher

If you get fed up looking at the pictures, try the new game - count how many times the word 'awesome' and 'bro' turns up in the follow up posts !!To be honest I regularly check the screenshot forum - any new aircraft or scenery worth downloading usually shows up there pretty quick. It acts as a pretty good heads up !FredC

Guest glnflwrs

Todd, I think you'll find that the screenshot forum, as well as the download library, reflects the interest of most Fltsimmers these days, and that is flying the heavies. It is page after page of 747's, 757's 767's, airbus planes, etc, in the library. Every 20 or 30 you'll find something different. Just a comment as to why, but you are right. With a departure/arrival board like that you could catch a flight to anywhere, anytime. Hehehe...Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest btrpilot

Hey Todd,Nice to see somebody from the Central Valley around here!!!Do you fly out of Chandler or Fresno Intl?Brandon RuizHome base KPTV (Porterville Muni.)_____________Skiair Virtual"Serving the ski areas of the Rockies"www.pookiedom.com/skiair

Not an active pilot yet, but will be flying out of KFAT... I have flown out of KFCH as well.

Guest btrpilot

Fresno's cool. I've flown in there a few times. Always fun to occasionally see those F16's pull right up behind you while your waiting for takeoff ;-)(need to get a picture of that sometime!!)I've got about 35 hours in "Traumahawks", C172 and the Warrior. (my favorite) Hopefully this November when I turn 17, I'll FINALLY take my checkride!!May the runway rise slowly to meet thee,May your landings make nary a sound, May your Hobbs meter fail completely,May you never hear the words "go round".:)Have fun,Brandon SkiAir Virtualwww.pookiedom.com/skiair