Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Can I use the default PMDG 737 status and simply tell the FO to lower flaps, raise gear, etc?

I care less about check lists, flight plans, 30 minutes to go from cold and dark to lift off for now.

I want to just start out with creating a simple free flight, letting the systems load, telling the FO to add flaps, set this or that, take off, raise the gear, etc.

Thus far everything looks successful as far as loading and my voice working, but yet to have the FO actually do anything I say.

Do I have to follow specific checklists in order to have a simple short hop and not just be able to fly basically a manual flight with the FO just following a few simple commands?

Fotr now I just want to fly a little and see the flaps get set by my voice command, not have to print out a full manual and spend hours pouring over everything.

I want to gradually work my way up to that.

Just a simple set "Set flaps"

"Check"

And the flaps actually being deployed will be worth my money.

But if I have to go through an act of congress to use PMDG 737, FS2Crew reboot, and my very expensive headset for a 60 minute hop, then the $350 I spent on the three items are wasted.

Thank you.

I have set everything according the the reboot pdf and see my words in the green line above the sec panel, but simply want to have ther FO set the flaps to 5, or 10, etc...

I can fly manually as easy as pie, I want to ease into full sytem checklists, ATC, and all that.

If it is required to go through all that from day one, I bought the wrong program. Might take a look at MCE.

Aaron Tirrell

Hi,

You can skip totally the preflight and all the checklists only using the voice commands to the FO.

However, bear in mind that for some commands, you need to be in the good fs2crew mode, so you have to ensure that you actually are in the initial climb mode to retract the ldg gear and the flaps after takeoff. Then you have to manually change it to descent, approach and so on if you don't use the checklists.

The easiest way if you don't want to go through all the process, is simply not to trigger the preflight.

Just start with the preflight checklist once you are ready, then the before start checklist once you are all set up for push and start, then so on...

This will ensure that you are always in the good mode even if you do everything by yourself.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Start with the pre-flight checklist but not actually go through it?

But the FO will raise the gear etc?

Aaron Tirrell

I can see the confusion from my post here.

There are two different things in fs2crew:

_ The preflight events started from the PF menu

_ The preflight checklist on the main panel

You have two main choices:

_ Start directly with the preflight checklist (but without launching the preflight events) and go through it and through all the other checklists in sequence. (you can skip the FO flows like the before start procedure, but in that case you will have to perform the flows yourself).

_ Just skip from one step to the other to be in the good mode without starting or going through any checklist.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Yes.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Did nothing, it shows my command but nothing happens.

Do I set my PMDG FMC to default set up, then start reboot, open the sec, click on PF, then do the down arrows?

I am frustrated, a disabled Veteran on a very tight budget, saved and saved and splurged on the PMDG, FS2Crew, and a good headset, and cannot use it, should have just stuck with the plane only.

I am stuck with FS2Crew I guess.

If I could simply get the FO to set the flaps to 5, I would be on cloud 9.

He said Roger one time but no flaps.

Aaron Tirrell

Don't  know  why  your  having  issues,  all  you need  to do  once  your loaded  at  the airport  start fs2crew  and  after  you have  been pushed  back  etc  use  the down arrow and  make  sure  the flaps  options is  displayed  and  than  say  flaps5  etc.  You can use  the arrows  to what ever  situation   your  in,  since  I just resumed  my flight  half  way and  used  the down  arrow  to  the descent  phase of  flight and  now  carrying  on  to the next part of the phase

Edit  just tried  it  myself  all I did  was  start   fs2crew2 and  got  everything  ready  before  pushback,  doesn't  matter,   used the down arrow  made sure  it  said  flaps_,   said  flaps  5 and  fo  set  flaps.  After  fo set  flaps to 5  the option   went  to the next phase  being flight controls  check  and  so on 

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got it, it just had to click for me and it did, I set it to pre takeoff and flaps and it worked, initial climb allowed me to raise the gear and flaps, approach to lower flaps and gear, etc...

Now I need to print the other commands, arm spoilers etc...

Thank you for the help.

It should be gravy from here on.

Wish we could transition without changing the arrows, would make for clean, real time videos with no editing.

Aaron Tirrell

Now I need to print the other commands, arm spoilers etc...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/368639-post-links-to-your-user-created-files-here/

he  is  a good place  to start  to get  your  cheat  sheets  etc

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you, will go there now.

And I was thinking, non stop/unedited videos are good for tutorials, but horrible for cinematic style.

I can always set for approach, then close the panels and resume recording for the call outs etc, or just edit it in an editor.

Thank you all for the prompt and courteous help.

Aaron Tirrell

Wish we could transition without changing the arrows, would make for clean, real time videos with no editing.

Well if you use Fs2crew the way it is designed to be used, on an uninterrupted flight you don't need to use the arrows select the correct step.

Aren't you interested in using the product for the whole it has to offer, considering the money you put in?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

eventually, but usually I have a short amount of time to fly, when I have more time I will delve deeper into it.

Could not open a single sheet from the link for charts, got errors, on all but one from the Avsim library, it said I needed to register seperately to have access, registering there now for access.

Can't get registered or logged in at the avsim library.

Will google and print.

Aaron Tirrell

The complete list of commands is in the main manual. If you just want a list of these commands, you don't need to go to seek for them on the internet.

Regarding the amount of time to spend, the heavier consumer in Fs2crew is the Preflight events thing. If you skip it and start directly at the preflight checklist, it won't take longer than when you fly without fs2crew. Just ask for the checklists when you are ready for it and your FO will follow.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks, I printed the pages from the manual pertinent to flight.

Earlier today I clicked on read, or say briefing and it was cool, but kept repeating and I shut down P3D because I could not stop it.

I cannot locaTE HOW TO END THE BRIEFING, IS THERE A SPOKEN COMMAND?

sorry for the caps, I hav e nerve damage and can hardly feel my finger tips, so sometimes hit caps lock on accident and don't realize it until I look up,n not yelling, lol-neck injury in the Army.

If I select briefing while it is talking is the FO actually setting the settings mentioned in thre briefing?

Aaron Tirrell