Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

C90 GTx pics/Mini Review

Yup it does. I use it on every flight.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

How are the frame rates compared to the Duke or the Aerosoft bus?

T Duke p3d v3: 55.5 fps avionics on (dual gtn's)

C90 gtx p3d v3: 56.0 fps avionics on

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool, thanks for that comparison.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That last shot is superb 

That ones real Rich lol!  But it was taken by me so thanks!   :wub:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some further stuff:

It appears sometimes FLC works....  not sure why it won't work all the time.  When it does work it will capture selected ALT, but there is no ALTS armed in white.

Direct To works but Activate Leg does not work.  This means it's difficult to fly online.  If I file a route ABC vxxx (airway) XYZ, and ATC vectors me towards the route and says intercept vxxx proceed on course... there's no way to do this.

Hand flying I actually do like - power settings and power tables appear very close.  Make sure your weights are setup properly...  default load weight is a lot.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ambient lighting provided by the ramp lighting

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a default P3D thing, aircraft specific or scenery specific? I use P3D V3.1, and I never really noticed it... In fact, sitting at the gate in my PMDG777, in FlightBeam KSFO, I find the aircraft looks quite dark compared to the rest of the scene.

Thanks, and great shots!

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a default P3D thing, aircraft specific or scenery specific? I use P3D V3.1, and I never really noticed it... In fact, sitting at the gate in my PMDG777, in FlightBeam KSFO, I find the aircraft looks quite dark compared to the rest of the scene.

Thanks, and great shots!

The last shot is a real world pic... ????

Thanks for the review, Ryan! Again no purchase for me...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The last shot is a real world pic... ????

Thanks for the review, Ryan! Again no purchase for me...

I didn't read the whole first post. Oops, my bad.

Guess it shows that sims are looking better and better...

About Direct To... NO it is NOT working.  What happens is it will activate the leg from the waypoint ahead of you to the next one.  So it's sort of like activate leg but not.  So its worthless lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

About Direct To... NO it is NOT working.  What happens is it will activate the leg from the waypoint ahead of you to the next one.  So it's sort of like activate leg but not.  So its worthless lol

Uses Carenado Support and maybe they can put into next update... maybe...

Ryan, thanks for your C90GT overview. Great shots. Your last shot looks so .......  real!

I'm just about to push the "buy" button, mostly based on your post.

Carenado may have a few issues, but they sure do produce some fantastic machines! I really love their Citation 550 after they fixed most of it. And, then JanekBln comes along and makes it even better!

There are some extremely talented folks out there!

Appreciate your input.

The last shot is real lol!  

If you fly online and are looking for quality avionics I'd give it a pass.  (Gosh I never listen to myself!).  But Bert does a nice GTN750 mod!

Honestly though if you like to cruise around and flip switches the flight modelling is actually really good and some of the obivous switches work fine.  Sounds are decent too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

The last shot is real lol!

Hi, Ryan,

I knew it was after reading the posts. Just pulling your chain.  :smile:

You can see the difference, specifically in the panel lighting. But, Carenado did an outstanding job.

I love the Carenado B200 in spite of several things that aren't correct. Wish they would modify the 200 and update it to the 250 with the Collins Pro Line. It sure is a slick system to work with!

Again, thanks for your C90 input and pics. This really helps a lot.