Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

C90 GTx pics/Mini Review

Since I know this would get moved to the screenshot forum anyway I decided to do the quick review here.

EDIT: P3D 3.0 / OPUS FSI / REX4 / FT KBOS / FSDT KJFK

It obviously looks freekin gorgeous as per usual.  I did a quick flight using the navigraph built in data (I believe it's late 2013 data).  KBOS SSOXS3 SSOXS BUZRD SEY PARCH1 KJFK at FL200.  In cruise I did about 260 KTAS with prop at 1700 and power just below 1st redline (haven't looked at the charts for power settings yet - and this test was done with fuel at 40% each tank and 1 190 lb pax).  Real Wx with OPUS FSI - yay for 56 KT headwinds!

Cold and dark was pretty easy, but this is only the fourth king air I've used in FSX/P3D history hehe.  The generators seem simply modeled.  If I recall, in the real plane once engine startup you'd hold the left gen up to reset it, then it would toggle to ON to charge the battery but I might have that backwards.  In Carenado plane you just turn them on or off.  Sounds are fine, swept prop blades look cool, avionics the typical semi functional ProLine 21 with Collins FMS3000.  I was able to enter the flightplan into the FMS someone easily.  It appeared easier to enter than the Hawker jet which is a mess.  So FPL entering appears to have been improved.  Didn't do anything with VNAV though.  There is no PROG page in the FMS3000 (I swear the real one has one by maybe not - EDIT actually I checked my real pics and there is not a PROG page) - so there's no realtime update on the FMS of flightplan legs.  The only data you see is in front of you on the PFD/MFD.  

The Autopilot is similar to the Hawker (not a good thing).  FLC is busted again.  (You know, they had a WORKING IAS mode in the PC12 so I don't understand why its so difficult to make a FLC mode that works!).  When in a climb, I should be able to press FLC, and the aircraft should bug my current speed and climb out at it until reaching the altitude on the MCP (sorry can't recall the lingo for the control area)... and I believe ALTS should be on the PFD in white letters.  The other lateral modes appear fine.  But the VS mode won't activate ALTS.  In other words in VS mode the aircraft will climb right through the altitude preselected GRR!.  So the only way to get it to climb and not blow through sel alt is to press ALT button, then change the ALT again (because pressing ALT bugs your current altitude - highly annoying), then use the pitch wheel to initiate a climb.  Plane WILL level off this time at selected alt.

I've got to play with the PL21 controls more (honestly the more and more I use the PL21 the more I don't like it lol... at least the controls seem difficult to get the bearing needles up - should be easy).  I must have to RTFM moar!

I haven't done much with flight modelling but I'm guessing Bernt Stolle was involved and I'm willing to bet it is well done.  Honestly he does really nice work especially when it comes to attaining certain FF values and TRQ/RPM power settings.  I also did not hand fly much yet.

Night lighting is neat.  Not as cool as Milviz multi lighting setup but still pretty schweet.

If you have their old "steam" C90 there's 10 bucks off the price of 39.95 USD - which I think is pretty fair for once.

The last pic in this set is a real king air my buddy flies - it's a C90 GTi though.  We were on the ramp here in DLH (note the KDLH airport diagram up - the Carenado version doesn't do this hehe)

bos1.jpg

(I brightened the cockpit up a little my gamma is all weird lately)

bos2.jpg

bos3.jpg

bos5.jpg

bos6.jpg

bos7.jpg

bos8.jpg

bos9.jpg

bos12.jpg

Ambient lighting provided by the ramp lighting

IMG_3576.jpg

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How would you compare this to the Milviz King Air?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I use the FMS 3000 and it does in fact have a PROG page.  The Proline 21 model I have used in the past also had the PROG page.  You were remembering correctly.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Looks like another beautiful release with incorrectly, or not at all, modeled systems. Nothing new with Carenado. I would love to throw my money at them, but until they change their practices, I will not do so. Unfortunately there seem to be enough people willing to do just that, so any change on their part seems unlikely at best. I am still waiting for the Hawker to work correctly. Guess I am not Carenado's target audience.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

HI Folks,

Just for the record - I chatted with Bernt Stolle recently - he stated he was a bit burned out on MSFS and hasn't done any FDE work in a while and had no immediate plans to return - so I don't think he did the FDE...

Thanks for the write up...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow, beautiful looking plane.

nebojsa

How would you compare this to the Milviz King Air?

Well it looks really good - but even the MV, in its current state had more in depth systems.

I use the FMS 3000 and it does in fact have a PROG page. The Proline 21 model I have used in the past also had the PROG page. You were remembering correctly.

Argh - is it called PROG? I'll have to look again I didn't see it on this plane or on my pics of the GTi

HI Folks,

Just for the record - I chatted with Bernt Stolle recently - he stated he was a bit burned out on MSFS and hasn't done any FDE work in a while and had no immediate plans to return - so I don't think he did the FDE...

Thanks for the write up...

Regards,

Scott

Oh rats! That's a baaaad thing - I'll have to look more at the power settings.

Guess I am not Carenado's target audience.

Guess I am just one of those suckers born every minute- I just fall head over heels for shiny bizjet/bizprop addons!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Gorgeous Shots,Thanks Ryan

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

How are the frame rates compared to the Duke or the Aerosoft bus?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Real - my friend flies it - C90 GTi

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I noticed a a few issues that are carried over from the C90B: 

1.) ITT Behavior

ITT decreases with altitude as is the case with most FSX turboprops. The Flight1 B200 -52 is an exception.

2.) ENG IGNITION Lights

Lights operate the same as the C90B.

3.) CABIN TEMP MODE

Very loud sound; same as the C90B. I believe this may be modeled into the panel. 

I reached out to Carenado on items #2 and #3 in reference to the C90B. Obviously, nothing has been resolved. 

I also noted the AP Altitude problem that I think Ryan noted. 

Les Parson

Ryan,

Thanks for the preview. I will, no doubt, pick up another King Air for my fetish. Sounds like Carenado is making some progress in terms of system simulation and would like to reinforce that behavior.

Appreciate the honesty and non-partisanship.

Argh - is it called PROG? I'll have to look again I didn't see it on this plane or on my pics of the GTi

The real Collins FMS-3000 has the PROGRESS functionality.

Ct16dDd.jpg