Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

froze at splash screen

I originally was having problems with Couatl so I deleted all their stuff.  I created a new fsx.cfg file and it asked me to trust all the different modules and I did.  Now FSX just sits and spins at the Microsoft Simulator X splash screen and spins and never opens.  Can someone help?  I have already had to reinstall FSX once and I am trying to prevent the headache of doing it all over again and ALL my addons.  Thank you.

Josh Scholl

I am not sure if it's acceleration or if I should had skipped that and just installed service pack 2. I use military aircraft though so I'm not sure if it would work without acceleration. I did a repair to FSX and said it repaired but still won't load. I Uninstaller all fsdreamteam software that I hope to be able to reinstall later.

Josh Scholl

Have you tried renaming the Logbook.bin file in My Documents/Flight Simulator X folder and see if FSX will

start up and build a new one?  That seems to be the usual problem when you can't get past the Splash Screen.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you. I will try that out. I just had to reformat my computer so I hope this will save me the headache of Uninstall ingredients fsx.

Josh Scholl

Check that your FSX.exe is in the FSX tree. Mine got stuck doing this some time ago, I had a complete copy of that installation on an external HD, I copied the .exe from that and that solved my long waiting issue.

Berlopez

Fsx tree? It's in my F drive in my Microsoft flight simulator folder and my fsx cfg is in my appdata/roaming folder on my C drive.

Josh Scholl

Josh: I only have My C:\ That's where my FSX.exe resides ( Look Down the tree).  My .cfg is also in app.data\roaming...

Berlopez

I don't know. I hover over fsx task bar and there is no other window asking about anything.

I'm going to try renaming the logbook.bin tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

Josh Scholl

Have you updated your Nvidia driver by any chance?

The latest release 361.43 does not work with FSX and it freezes it as described. You need to roll back to 359.06 which definitely works with no issues, as I have it.

I have AMD.  I had spybot installed on my computer and uninstalled that thinking maybe that had something to do with it but nothing.  It's weird because it acts like it wants to  go and I even get the click sound when it is about to work but it just spins and it doesn't give an error until I go into the task manager and end the process.  It just does the fatal error has occured.

I uninstalled My traffic x 5.4c update and It started to load.  It ran through the generating scenery index and all but still just hung at the splash screen.

Josh Scholl

A fatal error?  It's time to check the Events Log to see what the "Faulting Module" is.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just type in on your Start  search window depending on what version OS you are running, EventVwr and it should come up. Then look in there.