Sign in to follow this  
77west

Prepar3D Version 3.1

Hi Guys

Had a look and saw no existing topic on this, with the Dec 21st release of P3D v3.1 by Lockheed, what are PMDG's guidance around this update?

Please close thread if there is something already.

Thanks

Wes

I upgraded to P3D V3.1 from V3.0. I installed just the Client and the Content part of the upgrade. I have also just installed the new 777 update, all working fine.

Not sure if there is any guidance from PMDG as such, obvisouly there's always the ticket system for help or here on the forum if you have any issues.

what are PMDG's guidance around this update?

Go for it. They added some fixes that get our stuff back to working without workarounds, though not all of it (I can't remember what was and wasn't fixed in their latest update, though).

Kyle Rodgers

Go for it. They added some fixes that get our stuff back to working without workarounds, though not all of it (I can't remember what was and wasn't fixed in their latest update, though).

Thats great thanks. I am going to make a backup image of the SSD as a precaution against anything else breaking.

Also, PMDG just recompiled the 777 to reduce VAS usage.  If you haven't already done so, download the latest 777 version from your account on PMDG's site.

Also, PMDG just recompiled the 777 to reduce VAS usage.  If you haven't already done so, download the latest 777 version from your account on PMDG's site.

Thanks, already done that, in fact before I realized 3.1 was out. Been away from the web for a few days so was nice to come back to all these upgrades!

I was tempted to upgrade until i saw a few ppl having problems on the LM forum which put me off. CTD's etc.

I would be interested on how ppl have found the upgrade with the 777. I have most of the popular addons FTX, ASN, PRO ATC X.

Kyle is it possible to find what 3.1 fixes in the 777.

Normally i would go for it but i have V3 running pretty good at the moment.

I updated to v3.1 almost as soon as it came out, and did the client only update that only takes a few minutes to download.  HiFi had a new beta for ASN almost the next day, any Orbx product that has a P3Dv3 installer works with v3.1, not sure about PRO ATC....sorry. Not a product that I use.

For both NGX and 777 the most noticeable fix are lights and splashes all working as expected now including 777 dome lamp.  I still always start from scenario setup screen so no sure if there's any change to this practice.  LM has done such a good job of moving work from the CPU to GPU that I was motivated to upgrade video cards... not necessary but I was able so it's done.

There's not that many posts in the LM forum with problems, keep in mind only a few users visit the forum of the many customers out there.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP