Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Question regarding Aerosoft Airbus X + Joystick

Good morning!

In search of new things for P3D I watched some videos by Matt Davis with the Aerosoft Airbus X and I am strongly considering buying it.

The only thing I stumbled upon was the "joystick issue".

It's not really clear to me how to use the throttle in the Airbus.

Can anyone give me some details how this works with a very simple thrust controller (Logitech 3D Extreme)?

How can you set the required thrust like CLB, Flex, TOGA?

And as we speak about it: Are there any other "traps" with the Aerosoft Bus?

I want to use it with PFPX + GSX. I saw some videos, so it should work. But it was not clearly explained how to get the PFPX flightplans into the Airbus.

Thanks in advance and sorry, I did not find a better subcategory for this. Please advice if there is an Aerosoft subforum.

Best regards,

Stef

Good morning!

In search of new things for P3D I watched some videos by Matt Davis with the Aerosoft Airbus X and I am strongly considering buying it.

The only thing I stumbled upon was the "joystick issue".

It's not really clear to me how to use the throttle in the Airbus.

Can anyone give me some details how this works with a very simple thrust controller (Logitech 3D Extreme)?

How can you set the required thrust like CLB, Flex, TOGA?

And as we speak about it: Are there any other "traps" with the Aerosoft Bus?

I want to use it with PFPX + GSX. I saw some videos, so it should work. But it was not clearly explained how to get the PFPX flightplans into the Airbus.

Thanks in advance and sorry, I did not find a better subcategory for this. Please advice if there is an Aerosoft subforum.

Best regards,

Stef

On the Airbus, when you take off, you basically move the throttle forward by a clicking sound to one of two positions. The first is Flex, and the second is Toga. Then you leave it there for the rest of the flight and the Fadec controls the power for the rest of the flight. I used the Extreme 3D Pro with no problems, but since have switched to the Thrustmaster T 16000 because I like the smoothness of that joystick better.   http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/664-airbus-a318a319a320a321/

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On the Airbus, when you take off, you basically move the throttle forward by a clicking sound to one of two positions. The first is Flex, and the second is Toga. Then you leave it there for the rest of the flight

:Whistle: 

Thanks a lot guys!

Will buy it tonight  :wink:

Not sure if I buy the bundle or only the A320/321. We will see.

Thanks a lot guys!

Will buy it tonight  :wink:

Not sure if I buy the bundle or only the A320/321. We will see.

Get the 318-321 package.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Get the 318-321 package.  

Aye aye, sir!

:smile:

Highly recommend getting the baby busses, too... got tired of waiting (5 years) for the CRJ and the 318/319's fill that "size niche"  for me. With FS2Crew added this is an excellent package :wub:

WAT1460.png

Ok!  :smile:

Watched another set of videos and read some forums - but did not find anything usefull regarding ASN + Aerosoft Airbus.

From the PMDG 777 I know how to get the wind data into the FMC - but I did not find anything for the Airbus + ASN.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks!

The current Aerosoft Airbus series doesn't take winds aloft into account. Maybe that will be different for the upcoming A330. "Tower wind" already is relevant for the calculation of Vapp and Groundspeed Mini, though.

PFPX can export flightplans in Airbus format and can be pointed at the relevant folder.

• Upvote 1

The current Aerosoft Airbus series doesn't take winds aloft into account. Maybe that will be different for the upcoming A330. "Tower wind" already is relevant for the calculation of Vapp and Groundspeed Mini, though.

PFPX can export flightplans in Airbus format and can be pointed at the relevant folder.

Thanks, so I do the flightplanning via PFPX and do not care about inputting the wind into the Airbus FMC!

Great -> less work ;-)

Thanks again!

Airosoft said a few days ago that winds aloft will be in the A330 and retro-fitted to the A318--21. (Also LBS weight will be an option.)

Rob Jones.

One of the best docs inside the Aerosoft package is titled "The Weird And Wonderful Airbus Logic" .   Anyone coming from Boeing experience should read this doc first.  Really good information on understanding the differences between the 2 aircraft makers.

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Looks like everyone else has answered for me but to confirm; I have the Aerosoft Airbus and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and the throttle works just fine - the throttle works like a conventional one for, I would say, about the first 80% of the lever movement and then it kind of 'snaps' into the CLB, FLX and TOGA detents above that.

I also have PFPX and that also works fine as others have said - one thing to note is that it doesn't specifically support the Aerosoft Airbus (which is the latest name) so you need to select Aerosoft Airbus X when exporting, and point the output folder to your Aerosoft Airbus one.

I have the 320/321 package and in hindsight I would have bought the 318/319 one as well had I known how much I would use it.

• Upvote 1

One of the best docs inside the Aerosoft package is titled "The Weird And Wonderful Airbus Logic" .   Anyone coming from Boeing experience should read this doc first.  Really good information on understanding the differences between the 2 aircraft makers.

I have flown the CLS Airbus A330/340 before in FSX, so I know a little bit about the Bus.

But thanks for the hint! Will read it!