Sign in to follow this  
Hippo

Checklists?

Hi,

Is there any way to get hold of your checklists from the cadet course as a pdf?  I've found several references to a pdf but can't seem to find a download anywhere.

As it would be nice to replicate the flights in your videos, is there any chance you could offer the plates, *.flt files, etc as downloads to accompany the videos?

Hi Hippo, here's the link to the checklist (we did have it on our site for a while but took it down recently with the rebrand) 

http://www.airline2sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/checklist-frontv3-1.pdf

I can't offer the plates as they are used with permission from Lufthansa/LIDO/Navigraph but if you've got a Navigraph subscription (a must-have, for me) then they are all present and correct. 

FLT files are tricky as the videos were filmed over may days and stitched together and there's also some editing trickery with the time, weather and wind to make it all work. So even if I created a FLT file, it wouldn't necessarily be representative of the situation we created.

That said, all the fuel loads, pax numbers, gates, times of day etc are all on screen and easily replicated. The weather for the base training at EGNX was during a really hot spell around July 7th 2013 and the line flights sometime later (12th August I think). These dates will put you in the right ballpark. Good luck with the course and hope that helps somewhat. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Many thanks for posting the checklist and for your detailed reply, all much appreciated.

I´m very impressed with the cadet videos, and look forward to getting the FO course soon.

Many thanks for posting the checklist and for your detailed reply, all much appreciated.

I´m very impressed with the cadet videos, and look forward to getting the FO course soon.

Great to hear, enjoy! 

Any checklists for failures, cause these would be great!

BTW, you guys did an excellent job, definitely redefining simulation immersion and I love this series.

Thanks,

Martin

Thanks Martin. The checklists and flows used in the FO training will be available at the conclusion of the course. We're still busy making the final couple of videos this week so when things calm down a little we can give it some attention.

I'm going to give fs2crew a plug here as having the checklists read to you and be interactive with a first officer really is the icing on the cake for this fantastic q400 sim. It really compliments the airline2sim videos as well as flying the q400 solo is no easy task!