Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Why ask? Just don't log in or visit the site. Is this to get attention? Seems odd.

• Upvote 2

Richie Walsh

To be fair to Vic, he stated the reason for locking the thread and it wasn't personal - or a negative slight on Dougal's judgement for posting it.  Personally.  I think the thread could've been left to run its course.  However, I think there has been a slight over-reaction to something relatively benign.

Why ask? Just don't log in or visit the site. Is this to get attention? Seems odd.

Oh grow up! There's a LOT of personal stuff about me in my posts, and i'd now rather it wans't here. Enough for you?

Please Jim, delete my account

Thank you

Phil, forget it bro!

Being a moderator is not always easy and from time to time decisions are just going on the wrong direction.

Don't take it personally.

I agree that you didn't deserve seing your 2 posts locked but that's what Avsim's staff have decided and they really try to do their best.

You are one of the kindest and friendly person here, don't waste this capacity of sympathy you've built for years ;--)

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yeah, Take a few steps back and a deep breath. If they delete your account you will regret it sooner or later. Don't make any big decisions in the heat of the moment :-)

I would also sleep over it and then decide.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Oh grow up! There's a LOT of personal stuff about me in my posts, and i'd now rather it wans't here. Enough for you?

Please Jim, delete my account

Thank you

Grow up? You realize this is the internet and deleting your account wont erase your history on the web? You can delete all the info in your profile. This is obviously a issue with you and AVSIM. You simply want to bring attention to it. You could always just not come back.

Richie Walsh

Yeah, Take a few steps back and a deep breath. If they delete your account you will regret it sooner or later. Don't make any big decisions in the heat of the moment :-)

I would also sleep over it and then decide.

Don't take it personally.

I agree,  Sleep on it. 

If i may, to those criticizing moderator decisions, that doesn't go down well, expect to be told off.

To those people asking "Dougal" to sleep on his request, he is an adult, he has asked polity for his information to be deleted, that should be honored as soon as is possible.  

Ian R Tyldesley

I have recently decided to look for much of the  information I seek  on other groups such as the Facebook P3D  and add on groups.

I find Facebook groups to be the the most ridiculous propogaters of misinformation

• Upvote 1

He is an adult, he has asked polity for his information to be deleted, that should be honored as soon as is possible.  

Ian, sometimes people say things out of frustration at the spur of the moment without thinking. It happens everyday. I'm sure it happened in this situation in which i believe is a simple misunderstanding. 

To those people asking "Dougal" to sleep on his request, he is an adult, he has asked polity for his information to be deleted, that should be honored as soon as is possible.

Na! It's only natural that people suggest he should reconsider a decision he might regret. Anything else is heartless.

I find Facebook groups to be the the most ridiculous propogaters of misinformation

That's your opinion, but I can tell you I have been helped there many times with accurate info and quickly, sometimes within minutes,  that's my opinion. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Vic has been 99% helpful not only to myself, but to others as well.

In many peoples' eyes, he made a mistake.

Let's give the man this one and move on  :smile:

Thanks for all you do Vic,

Mark