Sign in to follow this  
citationjet

Throttle & Engine Problem

I have the problem that on ground the Kingair starts rolling even with zero power. You need the parking brakes to get the bird stopping and once in the air the enginges stopped working after 3-5 minutes and no chance to restart them ....looks like an engine shut down....any ideas??

Cheers,

Mark

I too experienced a uncommanded #2 Engine shutdown. Climbing out of about 12000 ft, I noticed RGT ENG OIL light and 0 TQ. After a single engine landing, i did successfully restart #2. 

I too experienced a uncommanded #2 Engine shutdown. Climbing out of about 12000 ft, I noticed RGT ENG OIL light and 0 TQ. After a single engine landing, i did successfully restart #2. 

Ok so I'm not alone with this issue

I have the same issue except left engine

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

I guess it would seem i am not the only person experiencing this. Just took off and yet again the engine shutdown. I hope there is a patch immediately.

Check your torque limits - try putting the TRQ just below the first redline on climb out - it's like 1520 or something

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Torque Limit seems to be working as well as VNAV. Crossing my fingers

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Check your torque limits - try putting the TRQ just below the first redline on climb out - it's like 1520 or something

Thanks for that, I went back earlier today and tested things and all is well. Guess I did not read things properly to stay within limits.

There wasn't anything to read that discusses engine failures - apparently they started modeling this with the F406

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Haha yes would be nice if they had manuals to explain this.  In the past you could push Carenado's birds to their limits and nothing happened.  However it is really nice to see that Carenado is indeed stepping up their game.  I'm quite happy with this bird so far.  Also the fact that they gave a $10 discount because I owed their original model makes me even happier.  Someone at Carenado realized there was room for improvement with their products as well as their customer service and they've responded.  Their graphics have always been top notched and it looks as though they're starting to improve on their systems and modelling. Nice job Carenado!! :))

• Upvote 1

iflygary.

How as you $10 discount applied.  I when to by it and the full charge was on mine.  I didn't see anyplace for the discount.

Bigsky10

iflygary.

How as you $10 discount applied.  I when to by it and the full charge was on mine.  I didn't see anyplace for the discount.

Bigsky10

U need a Carenado Account with the old C90 listed as one of your past purchase. The discount is applied during purchase.

Failures! Oh that is great to hear. The next step for developers... proper engine management... And what happens when you don't.   "As Real As It Gets" is closer all the time.

Go Hawks!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)