Sign in to follow this  
flyguy909

multi engine control options?

How are you all flying multi engine planes as far as controlling power/prop/mixture?   I have the CH Eclipse yoke and have been using it's built in TQ for single engine.    Started looking at moving up to multi engine, but it seems like I really need a dedicated multi engine TQ like what CH offers.  Is there any other way to reasonably do this without buying another piece of hardware?  I guess I have no choice if I don't want to use the keyboard.. which I really find clunky for this purpose.

Also, too bad there is not a add on to the yoke that uses the single engine TQ I already have.

How are you all flying multi engine planes as far as controlling power/prop/mixture?   I have the CH Eclipse yoke and have been using it's built in TQ for single engine.    Started looking at moving up to multi engine, but it seems like I really need a dedicated multi engine TQ like what CH offers.  Is there any other way to reasonably do this without buying another piece of hardware?  I guess I have no choice if I don't want to use the keyboard.. which I really find clunky for this purpose.

Also, too bad there is not a add on to the yoke that uses the single engine TQ I already have.

i use saitek throttle quadrants, you can add as many as you want and they are very affordable. other than using the mouse or some exotic key binding that lets you double assign your throttle, i dont see any other way.

Hmm.. ok, I see how you can use 2 Saitek TQ's and move around the knobs.   Is buying 2 of these a better alternative to buying the 1 CH that already has 6 controls?

Hmm.. ok, I see how you can use 2 Saitek TQ's and move around the knobs.   Is buying 2 of these a better alternative to buying the 1 CH that already has 6 controls?

well it is more flexible and you can simply disconnect one if you dont like it.  Or can go totally crazy and install 4 of them when the dc-6 hits :) Guess it comes down to personal preference

The CH Throttle is better quality, but the Saiteks have a better feel and look.

I have the CH now, but as soon as the Saitek will be in stock again, I'll go back to that one... It just feels better in my book.

I have two Saiteks set up for two of each - throttles, props, and mix.

They offer 6 buttons each + a button function at the bottom of each axis (good for reverse).

Problem?  When flying 4 engine aircraft, it doesn't work well.  Answer - I have another copy of X-Plane (just copy - paste, and name it Throttle tied or something).  Then set up that copy with just throttle - not engine 1, etc.  Doesn't give the ability to adjust individually, but it works.  Some aircraft, such as (I believe) the JAR Design A330, have them tied anyway.

John

John Wingold

I only have 1 CH throttle - I've never been able to properly fly multi engine acft :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |