Sign in to follow this  
Sandy_Bridge

747-400 in PMDG 747 v2 base pack

Hi

Just a quick question, will the base pack of the upcoming PMDG 747 v2 include the 747-400 model? Thanks.

Mihkel Kiil

You mean... the 8i no ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well as far as i know, there will be no 747V2 without the 747-400 itself :Tounge:. And if you are talking about the 747-100/200/300 then please try the CLS 747 HD Collection.​

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

The project is soon to go into beta if it hasn't already.

As has been the case since for the last few releases, it will be pretty obvious when this occurs.

Kyle Rodgers

Personally, I think it would be pretty cool if PMDG did a stealth beta, without any announcements, and then just dropped the product on us out of the blue.  I know that's not their usual policy, but it would certainly be dramatic.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Quite, Kyle. I'm familiar with PMDG form but was just hedging my bets in order to be diplomatic in case I was mistaken and it had started already :)

haha - fair enough. We all know, the internet is the first place people will jab you for apparent inconsistency...  :P

Kyle Rodgers

The 400 is in the base package and the 8i will be an expasion!

Well as far as i know, there will be no 747V2 without the 747-400 itself :Tounge:. And if you are talking about the 747-100/200/300 then please try the CLS 747 HD Collection.​

Blimey, Mihkel, have you only just come across the proposed 747 V2? :D Take a look at some of the screenshots at the top of the forum you'll see a lovely looking -400 cockpit. The project is soon to go into beta if it hasn't already.

Thanks, was just asking in case I had misunderstood something. I hadn't really followed the development until September last year.

Mihkel Kiil

I"ve asked this a while back, Tabs was kind enough to list all the variants that will be present in the base pack. You can find the thread through my profile I believe.

(edit. or not. Seems to only show content from last year...)

I"ve asked this a while back, Tabs was kind enough to list all the variants that will be present in the base pack. You can find the thread through my profile I believe.

(edit. or not. Seems to only show content from last year...)

For the 747-400 release:

747-400

747-400F

747-400ER

747-400M

747-400BCF

(GE/PW/RR for each)

For the 747-8 release:

747-8i

747-8F

(GE for both)

From the linked post:

Currently it is anticipated that the 747-400 will be the base package, with all three engine variants available to users.  This is subject to change- but it is unlikely that it will at this late stage.

(Source: http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/page-4?p=3271075#entry3271075)

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

For the 747-400 release:

747-400

747-400F

747-400ER

747-400M

747-400BCF

(GE/PW/RR for each)

For the 747-8 release:

747-8i

747-8F

(GE for both)

From the linked post:

Currently it is anticipated that the 747-400 will be the base package, with all three engine variants available to users.  This is subject to change- but it is unlikely that it will at this late stage.

(Source: http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/page-4?p=3271075#entry3271075)

Thank you. Great that you have modelled all the engines.

Mihkel Kiil