Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Comanche 750GTN GPS question

Hi all-

What's the trick to getting this to work? I used the A2A VC installer which took all of two clicks and worked fine. I can't get the GPS switch on the left hand side to remove the INOP sticker on it.

I looked over at A2A and a guy had the same problem back in November and by some stroke of chance fixed it.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Mark

I'm not at my flight system Mark but if you're using the 750 you don't need the GPS switch on the panel. Just switch it in the 750.

Or have I misunderstood your question? :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic-

I believe I tried that last night, but am not at my sim right now either (at work to pay for it all :>)

Anyway, I'll check again tonite. I think I'm probably doing something wrong but haven't yet identified it.

This is my first A2A purchase and really like this aircraft as you really have to fly it  :smile:

Thanks,

Mark

The sticker cannot be removed.

You use the CDI button on the GTN to switch  GPS/VLOC.

Bert

The sticker cannot be removed.

You use the CDI button on the GTN to switch  GPS/VLOC.

Hi Bert-

I did that but it would not follow the course.

I'll try this again tonite.

Thanks,

The autopilot is pretty basic, do not expect it to follow a flightplan  :wink:

As you said:  You really have to fly it..

Bert

You mean the GTN750 wouldn't track KTVL > ALTAM > O69 with this AP?

This may be what's happening and the answer to my problem.  :sad:

It will hold a course, but at the waypoints, you have to revert to HDG mode

and execute the required course change.  Then you can reselect NAV mode.

Bert

It will hold a course, but at the waypoints, you have to revert to HDG mode

and execute the required course change.  Then you can reselect NAV mode.

+1

With this autopilot Its like flying with a set of steam gauges, only one is a GPS. The old turn, twist technique.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yeah I pretty much use HDG mode with ALT HOLD on the PA24. You can use Lo for VOR courses

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |