Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE and non supported aircraft

I currently own JustFlight's A320 and 757 Fremium products which don't currently appear to be supported.

My question is, how does MCE recognise the aircraft, and is it possible to use modified script procedures from supported aircraft, be they default or 3rd party supported ones? Can one simply copy scripts somewhere, rename them and modify them to suit more simplified aircraft? If so which directory should they reside in?

Thanks for your help,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart, happy new year!

Those are expert questions, I am not qualified, but can share a modicum of knowledge.

Since I am using both X Plane MCE and P3dv3.0 MCE, with exotic aircraft, I have had some success.

I have "made" Vox Scripts from flows from both supported aircraft and native aircraft. It's all trial and error really. Some commands work, some don't. But success outweighs failure.:-) At least it gives you someone to talk to, and work the radios (if you use RC4)...LOL!

The Vox Scripts will be created in the c/documents/ MCE/Vox Scripts folder.

With the aircraft and MCE loaded, tab to the Vox Script button and create a simple flow. Thereafter, create flows and import scripts(commands) from your favourite aircraft. Edit them to your liking and test them out. Great fun!:-)

The basic FO functions should work, gear etc. The biggie is radio tuning, which is a boon! Especially in XP, which has some very fiddley key/switch presses that you have to work with your mouse, whilst trying to fly with both hands!

As to how MCE "finds" the aircraft, well, that's a magician called Ben who has a virtual self inside our PC's.

If MCE doesn't "find" the aircraft (P3dv3 can place them away from the Simconnect folder) you can edit the MCE file in your roaming directory. But if your not on P3dv3 no worries!

Not definitive answers, but hope it helps.

cheers

David

Thank David for your advice.

I'll ask Ben, who I have emailed before as I am in the process of recording CoPilot scripts for him, and ask about aircraft recognition of scripts for specific aircraft. I have done short purser scripts before, but not yet tried CoPilot for non supported aircraft. I was hoping to avoid doing them from scratch and modifying existing ones for a different aircraft. But whereas purser scripts just reside under 'Purser' folder, it seems CoPilot ones are in separate aircraft folders, hence my question.

Thanks again,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373