Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

New XPX User

Well, the Holidays are over and all the company has gone so last night I finely got to install my XPX DVD's (all 8 of them). The install went well and faster than I thought. The program recommended download to the desktop which I did. Now, where do I go from here? Does XPX stay on the desktop? Hope the questions I will have in the future don't sound silly, just please bare with me (Ha) My plan is to take it nice and slow because I'm on no timetable to learn all I can about this sim. It's a great community here. I know the UI takes a while to learn so that is what I plan to do.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Lamar,

No such thing as a silly question. :wink:

As to where to install X-Plane, I guess anywhere that's convenient for you. Ultimately if you have an extra drive with space to spare, I'd set it up there.

happy flying...

Lamar;

One of the beauty of XP is you can install it on whatever drive you (so long that drive has the capacity) want and if you chose to move to another drive you simple "Drap & Drop" the entire XP folder and you are good to go again.

All the XP files are installed within one folder and location.

Hi Lamar,

No such thing as a silly question. :wink:

As to where to install X-Plane, I guess anywhere that's convenient for you. Ultimately if you have an extra drive with space to spare, I'd set it up there.

happy flying...

Thanks Michel, that is good to know. That is whats so great about XPX is that it is so flexible.

Lamar;

One of the beauty of XP is you can install it on whatever drive you (so long that drive has the capacity) want and if you chose to move to another drive you simple "Drap & Drop" the entire XP folder and you are good to go again.

All the XP files are installed within one folder and location.

Thanks Alan, I have a 1 TB SSD for my OS and think I'll have X plane their in it's own folder. Plenty of room to grow.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Lamar,

As others here have said - X-Plane can be installed anywhere on your system, provided the drive has enough leftover storage capacity and the drive is writeable by the system. 

Make sure to read the X-Plane manual, many questions that you might have will probably be answered there. In fact even seasoned users should refer to it since it's not just written for the new user, but as reference material for veterans who might've forgotten some detail of the sim. Overall a very useful document to read. There's also a PDF version here, as well as within your X-Plane install directory itself.

Lamar,

As others here have said - X-Plane can be installed anywhere on your system, provided the drive has enough leftover storage capacity and the drive is writeable by the system. 

Make sure to read the X-Plane manual, many questions that you might have will probably be answered there. In fact even seasoned users should refer to it since it's not just written for the new user, but as reference material for veterans who might've forgotten some detail of the sim. Overall a very useful document to read. There's also a PDF version here, as well as within your X-Plane install directory itself.

Hello Scramjet, funny you mentioned the X-Plane Manual.  I found the manual last night and downloaded it. I will read all 157 pages first before I do anything. Looks like a great manual and it will surly be helpful for me. Thank you for thinking about it for me. I did open the program and I was blown away at the default graphics!! Could not believe how clear everything is in the sim, no shimmering at all ! Really going to enjoy this sim, so glad I bought it.

Regards

Lamar Wright