Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Nvidia Inspector for P3d 3.1 - Is it Needed

Folks,

I'm curious if NVI is needed with P3d V3.1? If so, any suggested settings both in the sim and with NVI?

My hardware:

4790K @ 4.6Ghz

GeForce 780GTX

Thanks!

Bill

KPHL

IMHO it is not needed. Well, it probably is needed for better AA (Supergrid) but that kills performance specially in clouds. I have the same CPU and GPU as you have so I know. ;) I got used to the AA as it is in P3D although it does depend on the VC if it is bad or okay. It also depends on your resolution. But anyway, I don't use NI so I'd say it is not really needed.

If I had a GTX980Ti I would however use NI for better AI.

I'm only using 4X SGSS to stop cockpit sparklies. Tried other bits and bobs...Made no difference.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Thanks folks!

I'm new to P3d 3.1, and not use to the fact you don't have to tweak anything! I miss laying around with the CFG file! :)

I'm using Nvidia Inspector 8xSGSS, only way I can stop the shimmering with some addon scenery. I only have a GTX 660 GPU, probably with better cards you won't need to use NI.