Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

ButtKicker options for rotary.

I mainly fly rotary in FSX SE and was wondering instead of having random shakes and thumps could I set an 'adjustable bespoke' constant vibration that would be more familiar to flying helo's?

Tanks in advance.

For instance, I have a perfect constant vibration that would suit my needs when I carry out the 'test function' which allows the adjustment of frequency.

Keith Sandford.

That's already catered for. In your DHM dialogs (best associated with your Live Camera VC views for your rotorcraft) you need to enable both the Vibration and Rotorcraft options. Then combine that with the Engine and Vibrations ButtKicker options. Just remember ButtKicker is not a motion platform. It can rumble and vibrate and that's all. It can't shake you violently from side to side for instance. But if you combine the above many heli pilots have confirmed acceptable vibrations, you will certainly need to enable the Engine ButtKicker effects to get that constant rumble, the amount dependent on throttle or jet engine power. You may need to tweak the Engine or Vibrations settings a little. Also you should select the Light Aircraft DHM option.

If you are not using Live Weather the make sure you use the latest OpusFSI release which will provide slightly improved DHM and hence BK coordination. Not as good as combining our LWE and LC interfaces.

Stephen :-)

Many thanks Stephen. I'll try those settings and report back. I'm very excited to say the least.

Keith Sandford.

Ok I'm lost. I do not see any options for rotorcraft at all.

Could you please talk me through it please, like an idiots guide?

I purchased this solely for the DHM as I hated the default 'no head movement in the cockpit' scenario.

Basically I just want constant vibration that would be commensurate with flying a CH47, with DHM effects. If the frequency of vibration can be relative to the amount of collective input that would be amazing. But anything will do.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.

The rotorcraft option is in the DHM dialogs, alongside the vibrations tick box option. See the Live Camera manual. Setting the option will increase the level of the vibration DHM effects.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_live_camera.htm#_Toc342979930

If you select the light aircraft DHM option then the effects will be proportional to the throttle position in the sim.

DHM is best associated with Live Camera views however there is a General DHM configuration for those not using Live Camera. Normally DHM will be enabled for all VC views apart from those showing just panel views.

Stephen