Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Windows 10 Download Blocks Windows 7 Pro Security Updates

After checking to see if my computer was up to date, the updater says I have 3 serious and 1 optional (windows 10) updates. I can select the security updates but unable to install them unless windows 10 is also installed.  I already have blocked numerous  Kb's to include 3035583 which force windows 10 on your windows 7 system. 

Any idea how I can install the important security updates and keep windows 10 off the "New" computer. On my older machine it really messed it up and had to reload the OS to get rid of the win 10

I have read last week where Microsoft was getting more devious in their attempt to make the 1 billion mark on windows 10.

Terry

I just got 18 new updates for W7 Pro...no problem installing them.  KB3035583 was trying to sneak in again, even though I have it as hidden...so before you allow to install...make sure the sneak KB is not amongst them...

• Upvote 1

KB 3035583 still shows blocked but the add got through. I called my shop that built the machine and said they would look at it. If push come to shove I guess I will give up and let them update it to 10 and be done with it. I just hope they can keep the updates manually instead of automatic the way XP and 7 have been before 10 came to being.

Terry

Good news I hope. For the time being it looks like I have dodged a windows 10 upgrade bullet . Somehow, when the KB3035583 added to the update list, my current block KB's got unblocked. That is why 303 would not let me download the real security updates. How much longer/years do we have till Microsoft pulls the plug on 7 like it did to XP? Maybe by that time 10 will have grown up and got debugged.

Terry

Good news I hope. For the time being it looks like I have dodged a windows 10 upgrade bullet . Somehow, when the KB3035583 added to the update list, my current block KB's got unblocked. That is why 303 would not let me download the real security updates. How much longer/years do we have till Microsoft pulls the plug on 7 like it did to XP? Maybe by that time 10 will have grown up and got debugged.

according to the internet the target date for completely pulling the plug is jan 14, 2020

they supported xp for 13 years so you've got some time. in all likelihood windows 11 and maybe even 12 will be out by then. its' much more likely that new sims and games that require features that aren't in win7 such as dx12 will be the impetus to switch for the folks who aren't interested otherwise.

cheers

-andy crosby

Interesting, I have Win 7 Home Premium and no one or nothing is pestering me about upgrading to Win 10. All security updates are running just fine. If I did not read this and other forums I wouldn't even know the Win 10 existed.

Hello  Michael,

+1 here

Still using gladly W7 - Never problems with FSX (ASN-PMDG-A2A-RealAir).

And : never change a winning horse, they say.

Cheers,

Ben Rikken