Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Using the Fuel profile in the 750

Pretty slow around the 300 forum lately ,any one working on items to make it fly better lately ? ?At cruise for some reason I"m getting a ding and don't know what the heck it is sounds like a seat belt sound . Apparently there is no calculator around to give us fuel us fuel use age , some are using the one for the Mustang which is pretty close they say . Since I have good 'ol Bert's mod for the 750 in the 300 I fly it a lot , but want to expand on using the fuel burn section . Is any one using it and what are you plugging in for numbers?

The ding may be cockpit pressure related. Just a stab.  

For fuel burn, sans adequate reference material (the "Carenado way" LOL), you can log your own usage at your typical flight level, understanding that temperature variations will later enter into it.  Just use the flight sim's menus, or mouse pointer if a tool tip will show you fuel quantity. Pause, check fuel, log it, fly 10 or 15 minutes and pause and check again.  Then convert your time and usage to an hour's worth.  Then do the same for taxi out and climb to cruise, and for top of descent to final approach altitude.  You can then use a spreadsheet to convert your data to an overall hourly burn that you can then use in planning or monitoring during flight, understanding you must adjust for temp, flight level, and distance of flight as your cruise distance is the key variable.

If you create a login at flightplan.com you can find fuel burn tables for many different aircraft that you can also use as a basis or starting point.  Do this by adding a fictional aircraft to your profile there, specific to the type. Then once its been added you can view and even edit the performance table for your aircraft.  I have for over five years done all my flight planning on that site and have modified the tables for the aircraft in my profile to the point that they are spot on in regard to fuel burn.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank, i'm sure your right on the cockpit pressure , but i dont know how to fix it , Ha were on the same page here -- sans adequate reference material (the "Carenado way" LOL),Ok i'm gonna give it a shot on your method as it makes total sense. As far as Flightplan.com goes i do have it on my ipad and i'm logged in. i get my charts from there but will explore what your saying .. Thanks a bunch Frank. 

Louis,

Here is what the FlightPlan.Com performance table like for the BE60 Turbine Duke. I need to do some editing to this table to better match my FSX experience for the Real Air Turbine Duke V2. I completed a flight today from KAPA (Denver Centennial) to KSNA (Orange Co, California) at FL240.  Burned 200 gallons. FltPlan.Com forecast a total burn of 217 gallons. Pretty close, but can be closer.  I was burning about 63 gallons per hour at cruise.  The table at that altitude uses 72. 

I never flew a pressurized airplane during my own flying days, but I recently learned a good deal from the online video at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_36SS6FU0

AC%20perform%20table.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Good ,i saved the sheet , ya same here biggest i flown is a 210 Cessna.Met a guy on Team speak ---Digital theme Park ---13 thousand members and a pile of knowledge there . He says he knows a lawyer who owns a Duke Turbine and can't get parts at all for it and even has to get the parts made if he needs brakes.  My young is capt for a major airline up here in Calgary  and tfor the 737 NX they use 5,000 pounds per hour so if the flight is 2hours  it's  5000 x 2 =10,0000 pounds and they add 5000 - so that trip would be for 2 hours they would load 15,000 pounds of fuel . i'm running your test now ---taxi was about 30 pounds and just taking off to 42000 ft 

Louis,

I spent some time last night and edited the table. My typical cruise in the Real Air Turbine Duke v2 is at 190 knots with settings of 1,000 ft lbs Torque and 1,900 RPM. From 14,000 up to 26,000 my fuel flow is always between 62 to 63 GPH. I have not logged fuel burn at altitudes below 14,000.  So I modified the table and set all altitudes from 8,000 on up all to 62.5 GPH. I left the cruise speeds (TAS) alone, but I set my descent speeds (IAS) to 180 kts for all altitudes down to 6,000, and to 150 kts for altitudes below 6,000.  Set the rate of climb for all altitudes to 2,200, which is what I routinely use.

I reran my KAPA to KSNA flight plan and the forecast burn then came out to 196 gallons vs the 200 actual burn. Pretty darn close. Especially given that the initial wheels up flight path to the first waypoint in the flight play is a bit longer than the planned route.

He says he knows a lawyer who owns a Duke Turbine and can't get parts at all for it and even has to get the parts made if he needs brakes. 

Sad! Guess that's why TD pilots use Beta range to slow down. I did not know the Royal (Turbine) Duke used it own proprietary brake parts. Given the acquisition cost of that plane I'd be pretty hot about that!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I wrote it all down for the Duke, i use it a lot- Real Air did a bang up  job on it . I 'm waiting for A2A to come out with a twin - to get some speed happening -- i tired of bringing a lunch every where i go with the Cessna and Cherokee :wink: Raymar is supposed to send me the speeds and power settings for this 300 when they get it done but the real specs for it says 750 pounds per hour  .I'm at 42,000 ft  -75knots on the tail-(Active sky Next ) power setting @ 88 %N1 -grounding 500 knots and Mach .75 . 

Trip complete to Harrisburg Penn -Broke out just at 200ft and had to use safe taxi  to the Ter  with the GTN 750 -pretty wild 

Trip was 740 mi.

Total taxi =36 pounds

Total fuel used gate to gate =965pounds

Fuel left after shut down 480 pounds , how much should i have left?

First hour used 630 pounds

Harrisburg. Which of the three airports?  Where did you depart from?

Here is my modified table for the TDv2 using my normal rate of climb and my 190 kt cruise settings:

AC%20perform%20table%282%29-XL.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Boy your really fine tuning it good--  I took off from KECP North Florida Beach to KMDT Harrisburg.

Boy your really fine tuning it good

I am surprised that in my limited logging the TDv2 burn rate appears to be virtually the same from FL180 up through FL250.  Need to do more testing and pay attention to OAT and ambient pressure. Even though at FL180 and above the altimeter setting is 29.92, the ambient pressure varies. Just want to confirm since air density changes are certain across the range of altitudes and burn rate should be affected.

Frank Patton
ASUS