Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How to Install My Traffic 6 Into Prepar3D V3 with No Communicator

Updated June 2017

Please see the below link for an Updated guide to Install MyTraffic 6a 

This is a guide to Install My Traffic 6 Into Prepar3D V3 

This does Not included the patches and it does Not include the 6.0a Beta 

This Guide will become outdated very soon due to the new release of My Traffic 6  that will be fully Prepar3D v3 compatible

I will then update it to suit the New My Traffic 6

There is a small easy work around to get this working for Prepar3D V3  

I wont be using the Communicator during the Install,  which is the My Traffic Control Panel 

==============================================================================

----
INDEX
---

(1)  Turning Off your AI traffic  (Default Traffic) 

(2)   Installing My Traffic 6 

(3)  Understanding your simobjects.cfg  path= 

(4)  Adding your Entry into simobjects.cfg 

(5)  Adding the My Traffic folder to your Scenery

(6)  Moving your My Traffic to the correct position 

(7)  Tip of the Day 

===============================================================================

(1) Turning Off your AI traffic  (Default Traffic)

We wont be needing AI Traffic any more,  so we can turn this off by going to your Prepar3D V3 Install location  

Follow the path of  ►  Your Install Location  ►  Prepar3D v3  ► Scenery  ► World  ►  scenery 

Follow the steps.  1 Right Click on trafficAircraft.bgl,  Click Rename.   2 Just add off to the end, make sure you don't delete the Full Spot.   3 What it should look like.

23567917114_8fa51bcbfb_o.png

======================================================================================

(2)  Installing My Traffic 6 

There are 2 different ways (Install Locations) you can install My Traffic 6.  Weather you choice to install into the C Default path OR you want to install at a place of your choosing  This is very important as it will change the pathway of your simobjects  Entry. Keep reading and i will explain.  

The My Traffic 6 Installer will come with 2 folders,  A main folder that will contain the Communicator and flight planner that will Automatically Install into your C Drive and a sub folder called My Traffic.  The sub folder "My Traffic" is the important folder and the one we will be concentrating on.  Its also the folder that will Install to a different Location if you choice to.    The main folder will always install into C Drive, No matter were you choice to Install   

I Installed My Traffic 6 two times to show you the relevance of were YOU Install 

The first time I installed into the Default C Drive.  I then Installed into my G Drive.  

4  Here is the Default Install Location.  If you want to Install here just Click Next and that's the first step over 

5. If you want to Install somewhere else, Don't create a folder to point the Installer to,  The My Traffic 6 Installer will Automatically create its own folder. If you create a folder you will have to add this to your Entry path=  for simobjects.cfg      6  This is Perfect for Me

23569294453_b112ef4dd5_o.png

======================================================================================

(3) Understanding your simobjects.cfg  path= 

If you install My Traffic 6 into the Default C Drive your path for your simobjects.cfg will be this.   

24113532951_017ecde859_o.png

If you install My Traffic 6 into a different place,  your path for your simobjects.cfg will be this.   Now,  notice the way My Traffic Professional is missing from the path.   That's because we have Installed the My Traffic Folder elsewhere and this is the important one. 

24088094042_13e8d47b23_o.png

=========================================================================================

(4) Adding your Entry into simobjects.cfg   

We now need need to add this to our simobjects.cfg                              

Your simobjects.cfg can be found here   ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 

You can Copy and Paste the Tex below into your simobjects.cfg 

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft 
Required=True
Active=True

Warning.   You need to change the Number to correspond with your last Number.  My last number was [Entry.9] so my new one is now [Entry.10] 

You need to add in Your Own path= 

Follow the steps in the image below.     1  Double Click on simobjects.cfg.   Your simobjects Note pad will pop up.   3 Add your new Entry in at the bottom.   4  Go to File and Click Save 

24170003946_c57d36d344_o.png

(5) Adding the My Traffic folder to your Prepar3D v3 Scenery

If you Install My Traffic 6 into your Default C Drive

Start up Prepar3D V3,  Top left corner,  go to World, then into Scenery Library 

Follow the Steps.  1 Click on Add Area.   2  Browse to your My Traffic Folder.   3 Click Ok.  and click Ok.   4 Click Ok

If you Installed on your C Drive, your path should read like this.

24113496231_561b22301a_o.png

If you have Installed MyTraffic 6 to a different  location, The same folder needs to be added to the Scenery library, follow the steps below 

As you can see the path is different, we now just have the My Traffic folder.  

23828287759_181b1a219d_o.png

Make sure you select the correct folder,  Its the MyTraffic folder 

29954546794_61535ee9da_o.png

(6)  Moving your My Traffic to the correct position 

When you Click Ok, your My Traffic folder insert itself at the top of the pile. 

Move it down to just about above the folder  Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries and Click Ok.   

24170004086_6a57c0225a_o.png

Click Ok and Restart Prepar3D.  

24088059782_885a1d7ed0_o.png

(7) Tip of the Day 

Make sure you have your Traffic Sliders Above 0, if you don't you will not see any traffic 

23568291404_c40fbbe47f_o.png

• Upvote 1

Geeez,    Looks like i might of been a month to late   :smile:     I didn't realize that and i was only on the site a while ago  :fool:  :smile:

I just installed it according to the instructions that came with the program with no problems at all ????

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well that's it Bob,  I didn't realize they had the Communicator updated.     

But MT6 P3D communicator is already released on the site.

Is it on the Official Purchase page  (included when you buy it)   Or is it on the Forums 

That is an awesome guide, that's just what I was looking for. I had no idea it was updated either! Checking now.

• Upvote 1

Wow, Elaine, you have certainly put a great deal of thought and effort into this. Kudos to you. Fortunately I already had it installed in P3D v2.5, but nevertheless your Guide is excellent.

• Upvote 1

Is it on the Official Purchase page (included when you buy it) Or is it on the Forums

It is in the forums for the time being.  I will have to go check later on which exact thread it is in

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks Elaine!

Just an update that the MT6 Communicator now works with the new patch (you just need to copy over the traffic toolbox exe from the P3D SDK). 

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys :smile:  

Just for anyone wondering that's doing a full clean Install,  when you log into your My Traffic 6 place of purchase and want to download it,   It has now been updated to 6.0a.     

23847788749_ebcf570ce7_o.png

Thank you for that heads-up, Elaine. From your screengrab, seems you and I have bought it from the same place. Will tootle over there right now.

• Upvote 1

Take the time out to read the Destruction Manual that comes with the 6.0a zip before you fire it up for the first time! ... There are quite a few things that have changed (ALL for the better) that make the installation into v3 as simple as falling off a log.

• Upvote 1

Note that Aerosoft is releasing a simpler version with the same schedules and models, called My Traffic 2016. It does not have any ability to directly edit either the schedules or aircraft used, but that is probably suitable for most users.

• Upvote 1