Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Southern California – Baja Border - San Diego

Southern California – Baja Border - San Diego

Starting at Jacumba (L78), today's journey takes us across the rugged terrain of the Laguna Mountains and foothills between Interstate 8 and the U.S.-Mexico border. We will land at Reider Ranch (CA75), and then proceed to John Nichol's Field (0CL3), before crossing into Mexico and landing in Tijuana (MMTJ). From MMTJ the route continues south over the sprawling city of Tijuana to Rosorita on the Pacific coast before turning north back across the US Mexico Boarder flying over the Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve on the approach to NOLF Imperial Beach. The next section of the route is over the extensive US Naval bases in San Diego and features excellent views of the Coronado bridge and downtown San Diego with a landing at Naval Air Station North Island (KNZY). From North Island we will fly past the Hotel del Coronado to Point Loma before heading north along the Pacific coast to Torry Pines (CA84) for a touch and go landing. Heading east from Torry Pines we proceed 27nm to the Flying T Ranch (CA76) and then to Warner Springs (CL35). From Warner Springs we fly a heading of 004 for 13nm which will take us over the Palomar Observatory. If there is sufficient visibility the next stop is Blackinton-Valley (2CA4), followed by our final destination McCellan-Palomar (KCRQ).

post-116318-0-76255300-1452029689.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight Plan is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX Southern California (SCA) Regional Scenery

Date and time: Saturday 9th January 2016, 1900 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: Please Set Server Local Time to 14:30 PST

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hey Jeff,

You do mean "Southern California" scenery, right   :wink: 

Bert

Brain Fart! Brain Fart! Scenery required is probably, or even possibly, Southern California

You snuck in there Bert While I was getting a link. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to.   :smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to.   :smile:

I must have been dreaming. That's the only explanation. :unknw:

Good to see "Fun Heidi" back in action!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

So, Jeff, would you say something along the lines of your C182 is appropriate flying ware, or what else would you recommend?  Something that can handle shorter runways than we have seen lately?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Not counting the touch and go at Torry Pines, I think the shortest strip is around 1500 feet, but most are plenty long.  I did the planning in and will be flying the C-182 myself.

26aLetj.png

Hi,

I'm Gunter and I will try to join you on this flight tonight.

Regards

Gunter

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter....Wilkommen. (If that's not stereotyping, I don't know what is! :smile: )

I'll be in a C206H by Carenado.

206nt1.jpg

Thanks Ron, I'll pull the C182 out of the hangar.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider