Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3Dv3 AM, FFTF, SWAP Tweak for FTX Regions with PMDG 777

the only thing i note is that now i have a huge frame drop when i`m landing on addon airports like flytampa for example. 

while the flight i have 40 fps constantly but on approach the frames go down to 18-25 and it`s stuttering.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Has anyone tested fps before and after the Affinity trick ?

Perhaps it is just a bug in the Task Manager not showing all core loads correctly....

Rob/Vic ?

I have tested with SLI on and off and i think its a taskmanager bug - i see no difference in performance but there is a change in taskmanager.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The aiffinity trick works for me!  I'm running a single 980TI and a 6700k 4.7.  

Before it would load core 0 up to 100 but now all cores run evenly.  I use no tweaks in the cfg at all.

Sean Green

the only thing i note is that now i have a huge frame drop when i`m landing on addon airports like flytampa for example. 

while the flight i have 40 fps constantly but on approach the frames go down to 18-25 and it`s stuttering.

Try reducing TextureMaxLoad to 9 vs 12.  I don't have Flytampa airports, so I didn't see any issue with FSDT CYVR.  Higher the texturemaxload, can induce stutter.  I can't test any settings right now as I am away from sim.

I have tested with SLI on and off and i think its a taskmanager bug - i see no difference in performance but there is a change in taskmanager.

Michael Moe

Could it be that this bug affects people with the newer cpus; again I don't know.  But for me with i7-5820K, I notice huge difference with my cpus when I do the taskmanager trick. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hey Wolf,

i will try this :) 

Regarding the task manager bug i have the same CPU as wolf and see also a benefit from doing the trick. 

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Thanks for the tips... I'll have to dig in a bit to see what works for my system.

Was curious about the "affinity trick", and sure enough when I checked HWinfo64, core 2 was only running about ~20% load while others were ~70%+.  Opened task manager, clicked the details tab, right clicked affinity tab, simply clicked ok, and then HWinfo64 showed core to bump up in line with the others.

No idea if it helped or not, as I was locked at 27 fps and things were smooth and steady, but sure might help my occasional PMDG chugs.

This is on an i7-4710HQ w/ 970m (MSI GS60 laptop) running Windows 10 and P3D v3.1