Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Any co pilot in Pilot2ATC?

Hi

Voxatc has a co pilot that will handle the radios and ATC for you so there is no need to speak into a microphone. Does Pilot2ATC have this feature?

Many thanks.

John

No, there is no copilot.  However, in the upcoming version 2.0, there is a "SayIt" function that allows the pilot to respond to ATC without speaking.  (See the video in the Sneak Peak thread)

It is intended to aid those who are having trouble being understood by ATC or to help those new to ATC Communications learn the language of ATC.  It is not intended to offload the radio duties to a "co-pilot" as it requires the pilot to take action to handle the radios.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave.

A couple of more questions if you don't mind.

1. Can you programme a keystroke/joystick button to the Sayit function?

2. I fly mainly VFR in light twins. Is your programme suitable for this or is it mainly geared for IFR?

3. Does it recognise ground traffic and guide you on the ground ?

BTY, your speech on the videos is very faint and hard to hear.

Many thanks

John

Hi John.

Let me answer your questions in order:

1.When V2.0 comes out, the SayIt feature will have the ability to program a hot key or joystick button.

2.  Yes, it will support VFR and VFR Flight Following.  Of course, like in the real world, there is not a lot of interaction with ATC, other than Tower when flying VFR without Flight Following.

3. It displays Ground Traffic, but does not guide you around it.  That is an enhancement on the future capabilities list.

You're right about some of the videos.  Others, seem to be fine.  I find they are hearable when I turn the YouTube volume to max and have my PC volume on Max.  Will be working to get that better in the future.

Thanks,
Dave