Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Team AVSIM 2016 RTWR Practice Thread

So my Photoshop skills were a complete waste then?

Just caught that - Hilarious!!!   :P  I'm going to have to take your green paintbrush away until March... :Shame On You: 

Feeling a little bit like the tinman here.  Need some oil here...and there....r.u.s.t.y!

Not so Travis.. Nice flight! 397 avg!   :good: And an unmodified .jpg to boot LOL.

OT - Will not be able to make Saturday's flight. Won't be able to join in on practices until next week.... I have been practicing though, just a different arena. Need to finish this up pronto.  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Rule iii There is an absolute time limit of 3 hours for any leg. Legs exceeding this limit are automatically invalid. Legs lasting for more than two hours are automatically penalized by three minutes for each minute by which the previous leg exceeded this two-hour limit.

I've been pondering this one all night. :Thinking:

As I read it, if you are in a race and are not fast enough, you are made to be even slower! Isn't being a slowcoach penalty enough?

Call me dim, but I can't see the logic of that rule. :unknw:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

As I read it, if you are in a race and are not fast enough, you are made to be even slower! Isn't being a slowcoach penalty enough?

You're not the only one. Sounds to me like giving a race driver a weight penalty for being too slow.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Change of plans - a quickie before the weekend.
I have the baton KBPT --> KEYW in the A2A P-51H. Full race trim, TS, VPN, FSHost & Beta Duenna. Using FSRealWX Pro.

I believe that particular rule is aimed at participation. "Don't bogart all the time available for others to fly." There are specific legs available for slower aircraft. It is a touchy one.. (subject that is) Maybe throw the discussion up at this topic so the committee can see it.

Baton free @ KEYW. WOWSA! The first half of the last third of the flight was reminiscent of what Jeff went through last year.Was getting tossed around with 60* of bank in both directions for a good 20 minutes. :Sick: Need to clean the cockpit of lunch.

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=51yf5nfUThkAXzuEk4Wpf0Ze5Mg

Landing with what Eric Cartman would say - "Authoritah!"

SS_07Jan16_154045_KEYW.jpg?dl=0  

The general rules says that legs should be 2hrs or less and not exceed 750nm. 

So the first leg was less than 750nm and I was able to complete the leg in less than 2hrs, but Ron flew a slower plane and was unable to reach KONM within the 2hr time limit.  Ron could have decided to shorten the leg and stay within the 2hr restriction (which is what I would recommend in a race).  This is also why we try to use our thouroughbreds on the long legs - so we can get them done under 2 hrs.  The time penalty for exceeding 2hrs imposes an ever increasing time penalty for missing the mark which should encourage teams to plan carefully and monitor their legs. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Lets see if FSX is working well .

I have the Baton  KEYW - MDBH in FSX F-8F2 LR Bearcat  on DC`s FS Host using ASN weather

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Baton is free at MDBH     .    New install of FSX seems to be behaving itself :)

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=z33T93QJwqIRQI8h9nAyD64Ag

Hi Eamonn , P3D V3 good and bad .

It`s fantastic and solid , however since RTW testing it has a few issues .

V3 does not like the Duenna , It recognises it as "Unknown P3D" and will not accept/recognise the realism settings . V2 seems okay in this respect , however more alarmingly is the performance / Fuel burn of FSX/FS9 native race aircraft is miles away from the FSX figures !!!!!  Not sure how but as an example the Rob Richardson Hornet F1 goes like a rocket and has about half the range as it does in FSX !! 

With this in mind I decided to install a basic FSX with the usual planes and FTX Global for now .   It runs sweet so I`m happy

V3 does not like the Duenna , It recognises it as "Unknown P3D" and will not accept/recognise the realism settings . V2 seems okay in this respect , however more alarmingly is the performance / Fuel burn of FSX/FS9 native race aircraft is miles away from the FSX figures !!!!!  Not sure how but as an example the Rob Richardson Hornet F1 goes like a rocket and has about half the range as it does in FSX !! 

I do not have a copy of P3D V3 to test unfortunately, I however am updating the V2.0 version of the Duenna to allow V3 access.

spacer.png

Aaaahhh . Actually that may be my bad on the Hornet . In my rush to test the race aircraft on P3DV3  I forgot to update the Hornet with the SOH race FDE .    Bet that`ll be what was throwing me ;)

Hey Bry, can you do me a favour and let me know where your Prepar3D.cfg file is on your PC?, where your aircraft.cfg file is for the plane you use (so the simobjects folder) and can you send me a copy of the Prepar3D.cfg file?

Much appreciated.

spacer.png