Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Team AVSIM 2016 RTWR Practice Thread

Time to begin RTWR Practice. 

The practice legs should conform to the general rules, leg length (<750nm), time (< 2hrs), white list aircraft, real world weather. You can chose whatever time of day suites you but it is good to do some night flying.  Fly whatever aircraft you intend to fly in the race.

Do the full leg documentation.  

Baton claim post with aircraft declaration and origin - destination airport.  

Baton release post with Duenna & txt file.

Pilots may fly consecutive legs if the baton has been idle for at least one hour.

-Start airport is KMRY, Monterey California

-End airport is FACT, Capetown, South Africa

post-116318-0-86615900-1452043995.jpg

Suggested routing is shown below.

WPT    Name                              Distance

KMRY  Monterey Peninsula        0

KONM  Socorro Mun                  746.7

KBPT   Southeast Texas Regl    699

KEYW  Key West Intl                  729.1

MDBH  Maria Montez Intl            704

TGPY  Point Salines Intl             657.7

SOCA  Rochambeau                 705.9

SBSL  Marechal Cunha Mach    659.4

SBFN  Fernando De Noronha   711.4

FHAW Ascension Aux AB          1104 (Wildcard)

FNMO Namibe                           1618.9 (Wildcard)

FYWB Walvis Bay                      486.5

FACT Cape Town Intl                691.4

Pilots are free to shorten the legs or change the routing to suite their needs.  Shorter length legs will allow you to spend more time in the critical takeoff, approach & landing phases of flight. 

Duenna Event Name: AVSIM RTWR Practice

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Well????? Ron???? are you going to bite the bullet & start us off? LOL  

Where's that Chalks paint? Looks great!

To others - Shall we directly upload to Avsim to practice proper posting? If so it may be time to clean up one's attachments as only 1.46MB worth are allowed. (My control panel  → Settings  → Manage Attachments)   -or- can we direct link to the jpg output/txt file from fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=(my flight) . I'm thinking direct upload unless absolutely required that one could not do it.

Ron, there's a new epic! Not for prime time use yet but OH BOY! -

http://www.flyingmag.com/epic-e1000-prototype-makes-first-flight

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I'll use the Epic, the one that killed me last time. :unsure2:  But first a recce flight, then dinner.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

OK, for better or worse.

I have the baton. Epic LT. KMRY to KONM

Baton free.

Landed KONM

iii. Time limit There is an absolute time limit of 3 hours for any leg. Legs exceeding this limit are automatically invalid. Legs lasting for more than two hours are automatically penalized by three minutes for each minute by which the previous leg exceeded this two-hour limit.

The baton time was 2 hrs 21 minutes but the time between the baton claim and baton free post was 2 hrs 33 minutes.  That means that we must add 3 x 33 minutes penalty time, so total leg time is 2 hrs 33 min + 1hr 39 min = 4 hrs 11 minutes.     :smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I have the baton.  KMRY-KONM in the Aircraft Factory P-51H

At first I thought that Ron had exceeded the 3 hrs but reviewing his post times I realized that he had not exceeded the time limit, so this is a wingman leg, not baton leg.

ARRRGH!!!  crashed enroute,  missed tank switch while posting to the forum.

post-116318-0-66641500-1452126578.jpg

Edited by jt_williams
change from baton to wingman, then update for crash.

26aLetj.png

Wingman.  KMRY-KONM in the Aircraft Factory P-51H

26aLetj.png

So my Photoshop skills were a complete waste then? :Hmmmph:

Wingman.  KMRY-KONM in the Aircraft Factory P-51H

Why are you still a wingman if my flight to KONM was legit? (albeit lengthy) :smile:

So my Photoshop skills were a complete waste then? :Hmmmph:

Why are you still a wingman if my flight to KONM was legit? (albeit lengthy) :smile:

OK,  This wingman leg is superfluous.  When I first posted I stated that it was a baton leg because I thought you had exceeded the 3 hour max.  I was enroute when I realized that you had not exceeded the 3 hours so I amended my leg post to make it a wingman leg, then when I got back into flightsim I found that I had missed a tank switch and had crashed.  Now I am re-flying the crashed and unnecessary wingman leg because I am not goint to bed with a red Duenna.  :smile:

26aLetj.png

Feeling a little bit like the tinman here.  Need some oil here...and there....r.u.s.t.y!

Travis.png?dl=1

Wingman landed @ KONM

post-116318-0-05766700-1452133771.jpg

Rusty wingman has been oiled

26aLetj.png