Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

Young kids and popcorn

From CNN.com - ------------------------------------VALLEY STREAM, New York (AP) -- A 3-year-old boy choked to death while eating popcorn at a movie theater.Deontea Riley, of New York City, was at the Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas in Long Island's Valley Stream watching "Alien vs. Predator" with his parents and older brother when he began to choke shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, Nassau County police said.------------------------------------Forget about why they took a 3-year old to see Alien vs. Predator.We have 2 young ones (2 and 4) and although we "think" we know what to do, we're going to hold off on giving them popcorn for a while. We've grudgingly given it to them before. Maybe I'm just overreacting.Mostly, I don't want my inlaws and so forth giving it to them I guess.Just a heads up from a guy who now feels like that mean old guy in the neighborhood who was always in his garage and was kinda scary. Andrew

Guest GalacticCowboy

Our 6-year-old only had popcorn once or twice before her 5th birthday, and our 3-year-old has never had it. Advice from our pediatrician. :)They also don't get much in the way of chips or other junk food, and pop (soda, coke, whatever you call it in your neck of the woods... :) ) is a pretty rare and special treat. And it's usually Sprite.I suppose we're "bad" parents in some peoples' eyes for not giving them everything they want. But neither one of them have a weight problem, they're growing rapidly and have tons of energy.Now, about AvP... :D

What the was a 3 year old doing at Alien v. Predator?

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

You just know there's a lawsuit waiting in the woodwork over this. "we didn't want to buy popcorn, but the movie theater had subliminal messages in the film that brainwashed us and forced us to" I'm sure there are lawyers just rubbing their in glee over this, especially if there is a large movie chain involved. $$$$$$$ sad. Fitz

Guest ba747heavy

> I'm sure there are lawyers just rubbing their in glee over>this, especially if there is a large movie chain involved.>$$$$$$$ sad.What is {funny, sad, pick your adjective) I can picture that really happening. A big office with a bunch of lawyer big wigs standing around, with oak furniture...

Guest United

I'd like to knowRandy Jura, KPDX

United,"This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation topics and any other topics not covered in other forums. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here. "To answer your question... absolutely nothing.--Jason