Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Help with Flt Plan please

Hello fellow simmers;

Im sure that this question has been answered several times; however, I'm to incompetent to find the correct answer for what exactly im looking for.

For my flight planning im using PFPX, when I plan a flight within the United States, I always go to flightaware and copy the route of the flight that I want to fly. This is not the case for the EU flights tho. I cant seem to find any "active" routs of which I can follow. So i always take the route that PFPX generates. Is there any website/ forum... that can give me an active route for an EU flight? 

Many thanks in advanced and of course many thanks for the suggestions/ solutions. 

Happy New Year and Holidays to all. 

Best,

Hello fellow simmers;

Im sure that this question has been answered several times; however, I'm to incompetent to find the correct answer for what exactly im looking for.

For my flight planning im using PFPX, when I plan a flight within the United States, I always go to flightaware and copy the route of the flight that I want to fly. This is not the case for the EU flights tho. I cant seem to find any "active" routs of which I can follow. So i always take the route that PFPX generates. Is there any website/ forum... that can give me an active route for an EU flight? 

Many thanks in advanced and of course many thanks for the suggestions/ solutions. 

Happy New Year and Holidays to all. 

Best,

This is an outstanding flight planning website:      http://onlineflightplanner.org/

You can save the generated flight plan in a format you need. The folks who operate this site are constantly making improvements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jim

Hello Flyultimate;

Many thanks for your response and suggestion. From my understanding, this is not a "real flight plan", meaning that it wasnt used on EIN or DLH aircraft flights, correct? Im looking for something similar to flightawear, where I can for example look at the route which LH or other airlines took today or the day before within the EU. 

Many Thanks,

Thank you Rafal. Thats a cool tool indeed. But I guess something like flightawear for EU does not exist. I wonder why EU does not allow that? 

Try SimBrief - they have flight plans from multiple sources.  FightAware does provide tracking for EU flights, by the way, but you are right - I see no posted routes for any of them.

DJ

A340 I used to use flightaware to get my routes but I have found that PFPX is so good at generating an appropriate flight plan based on current weather that I no longer need to copy the real world route. As an exercise you should compare the route that PFPX generates with the real world US route and you will find that they are very close.

Also remember that the real world filed flight plan is not a be all end all. Often times waypoints and sids and stars change due to weather. Also, I have not found any website that displays European filed flight plans and have searched for one quite a bit.

Hello Flyultimate;

Many thanks for your response and suggestion. From my understanding, this is not a "real flight plan", meaning that it wasnt used on EIN or DLH aircraft flights, correct? Im looking for something similar to flightawear, where I can for example look at the route which LH or other airlines took today or the day before within the EU. 

Many Thanks,

You sure are welcome. And, you are correct. This site only provides "sim" flight planning.

Since your reply, I see that there have been some great suggestions.

Just as a thought, I use the Integrated Simavionics' FMS and FMC in most of my aircraft. These allow me to modify a downloaded flight plan or create from scratch a flight plan. Not knowing what you use, something to look at to generate "real world" flight plans found at sites like Flightaware.

Cheers,

Jim