Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Oculus rift release date is March. Pre order available.

WOW! I was about to complete the checkout process, when I realized that for the time being they're only shipping to 20 countries only!  :fool:  ... None of which are middle eastern countries :( . IMO it is definitely a stupid move, there are millions of customers who cant wait to get there hands on the rift. But for some uncalled reason, they cant, because oculus isn't shipping it to their country :|

• Upvote 1

At its price point, I will wait and see how things shake out. There are certainly bugs and such that will be discovered when the masses get their hands on it. My main concern is how does it fit/work for those of us that wear glasses?

I do think that the flight sim community has a lot to gain from VR. Lets hope it turns out to be as good as we all want it to be.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

WOW! I was about to complete the checkout process, when I realized that for the time being they're only shipping to 20 countries only! :fool: ... None of which are middle eastern countries :sad: . IMO it is definitely a stupid move, there are millions of customers who cant wait to get there hands on the rift. But for some uncalled reason, they cant, because oculus isn't shipping it to their country :|

Cant agree more. I was waiting for Oculus with CC armed and ready and now I cant preorder it as I live in KSA !!!!

I guess the number of (ready to buy) gamers (not to mention simmers) in the ME is at least equal to-if not more- the ones in the EU. I hope they revise their decision very soon as they are missing a huge market.

IMO forget about the Oculus Rift if you fly complex airliners into major airports. Apparently you need to run FSX at 4K resolution in order to see the MFDs and FMS CDUs - plus you need a framerate of 75fps or more so you don't get nausea. This is nearly impossible to achieve with the current state of FSX.

What effect do you think O.R. will have on P3D, FSX, and XPX . Just wonder how it will work ?

Regards

Lamar Wright

All good stuff, but over £500 for an untested piece of kit thts just likely to make me travel sick? :P

Maybe if te price comes down a little and I can test someone elses to see if it works for my eyes...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I'm excited for the age of VR that this heralds - but for other gaming genres, not for flight simulation.  I rather enjoy the hardware controls, switches & throttles I have in my setup, and I don't see forgoing that anytime soon; at least not until proper tactile feedback is possible.  Even then, I'm not so sure.

However, I have a lot of other gaming interests that would surely benefit from VR. Hopefully eventual competition will push prices into more affordable territory.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ordered mine!

Will get it in March/ early April

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Let's hope it works 'out of the box' and not have to wait an eternity for a patch, which was the case for the DK versions.

Keith Sandford.

I ordered mine for June delivery, but it's more a reservation system rather than a pre-order system (you don't pay the full amount until it ships) and I can cancel anytime. I'll rent an early production CV1 sometime in April and decide if I want one myself, or cancel the pre-order.

As long as you can run your flight sim (P3D/XPlane/DCS) at 4K resolution at 75 or more FPS, VR is for you.